The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
Why We Love It
- 5-Star hotel in iconic tower on Michigan Avenue directly upscale shopping center
- Features an on-site spa, indoor swimming pool, fitness center and wellness classes including rooftop yoga
- The on-site, Italian-inspired steakhouse and bar serves local and authentic Italian spirits including limoncello
- Family-friendly: Kid-sized robes in rooms, visits from the candy man and cookie-baking classes in the kitchen
"It just does not get any better than this... One of the city's most coveted locations" -- Michelin Guide
Rooms & Rates
Sharing the iconic Water Tower Place with some of the most exclusive restaurants and shops in the city, the Ritz Carlton Chicago has perched like a marble and glass crown above the Magnificent Mile for over half a century.
With wide views of the lake or city skyline, large windows allow lots of natural light into all guest rooms highlighting the blue and pewter topaz palettes and marble bathrooms. Thoughtful extras like terry robes, slippers, twice-daily maid service and plush bedding make even the most basic rooms feel luxurious. Suites feature additional niceties like walk-in closets, baby grand pianos, dining and living room areas, two-story apartment-style layouts with spiral staircases and panoramic views from the hotel’s top floor. Those staying in Club Level rooms have exclusive access to an elegant breakfast, all-day refreshments and a concierge in the property’s new 2,600-square-foot lounge. Children are treated to kid-sized robes, tear-free toiletries and visits from the candy man, touring the hallways with a cart teeming with sweets.
Guests have access to the hotel’s new fitness center with cardio machines looking out at Lake Michigan from behind floor-to-ceiling windows. Yoga, Zumba, Pilates and more exercise classes are offered for $20 per guest. The updated spa features a long menu of treatments including anti-aging facials and neck massages to relieve tension.
On the hotel’s twelfth floor, the Italian steakhouse, Torali, service classic fare while the bar features an Old World-inspired cocktail list. In summertime, the rooftop bar is packed with hotel guests and Chicago’s social elite. On humid days, the alfresco bar offers sundaes at an ice cream cart.
- "The classy hotel specializes in showering guests with attention" -- Frommer’s
- "Every detail is attended to at this world-class property perched atop the Water Tower Place mall on the Magnificent Mile" -- Zagat
- Kids' club
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 48.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 71.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.