$395 – Chicago: 5-Star Suite Near Mag MIle w/$100 Credit
Why We Love This Deal
These rarely-discounted stays at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago feature an immediate upgrade to a Junior Suite plus a $100 hotel credit, along with late checkout for a few extra hours in the lap of luxury.
"At this Windy City Waldorf, opulence isn't just a design feature; it's a virtue" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- $395-$450 per night ... stay in a Junior Suite, most dates through January 2020
- +$50 to upgrade to a One-Bedroom Suite; +$100 to upgrade to a Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite
- All stays include a $100 hotel credit toward dining, drinks or spa treatments
- Complimentary late checkout (reg. +$50)
- Similar suites at other nearby 5-star hotels are reliably between $500-$800 per night
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is $73 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- AAA 5-Diamond hotel in the posh Gold Coast neighborhood
- Suites feature fireplaces and marble bathrooms with soaking tubs
- Private Mercedes-Benz car service for drop-offs within 2 miles of the hotel
- Named the #1 Hotel in America by Conde Nast Traveler in 2015
Forbes Travel Guide calls the Waldorf "easily one of the most fashionable hotels in the city," with rooms that feature Parisian style from the contemporary silver-grey color palate to the in-room fireplaces to the private terraces. It also feels like a secret 5-star hideaway, thanks to the private drive into the courtyard, keeping out the clamor of nearby Walton Street.
There are a few standard-level rooms, but most of the accommodations here are suites, starting at 630 square feet in the Junior Suite. All suites feature separate living areas, one-touch fireplaces, marble bathrooms, deep-soaking tubs and vanities with inset TVs, multiple 42-inch flat-panel TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to a One-Bedroom Suite for a private outdoor terrace with views of the Gold Coast, and a Deluxe One-Bedroom for even more space to spread out.
Guests of the Waldorf Astoria receive access to the spa's indoor mosaic-tiled lap pool, fitness center, eucalyptus steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi. For a more private experience, in-room spa treatments can be arranged and services even extend to a bath menu that can be drawn for you with special oils and salts.
The hotel's restaurant, Margeaux Brasserie, is the city's first restaurant for James Beard award-winning chef Michael Mina. The restaurant, which earned a recommendation from the Michelin Guide as "one swank spot," combines locally sourced ingredients with the culture and feel of a Parisian cafe; Zagat also calls it one of the best French restaurants in Chicago.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Maximum weight: 35 pounds. Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 75 USD plus tax per pet, per stay.
Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 75 USD plus tax per pet, per stay.
Fees: Valet service fee: $73 plus tax per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$395 / night
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.