Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (closed for refurbishment)
Why We Love It
- Between Copacabana and Ipanema, two of Rio’s most famous beaches
- Two swimming pools: One for sunrise, one for sunset
- “H” shaped hotel allows views of sea and mountains from rooms’ balconies
- Full-service spa includes Turkish bath and solarium
"Elegant and sophisticated hotel with probably the best location in Rio" -- Frommer’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Sofitel Rio de Janeiro holds prime real estate on Copacabana Beach and five minutes from Ipanema Beach. Chairs, towels, sun loungers, and security on the beach as well as complimentary water and fruit salads are provided by the hotel. Sun worshippers can work on their Brazilian tans from dawn until dusk as the hotel’s two pools are perfectly placed so one gets the morning sunshine and the other is drenched in afternoon rays.
Modern guest rooms are furnished in wood and leather, and each one has a private balcony with views of the ocean, mountains or both. Guests are pampered with extras such as free mineral water, Wi-Fi and pillow menus.
Acclaimed chef Roland Villard runs the hotel’s Le Pré-Catalan, serving French cuisine with a Brazilian twist that is “as good as its Parisian original,” according to Fodor’s. The daily breakfast buffet’s French pastries is presented on the oceanfront terrace and is worth waking up early for. If the beach isn’t relaxing enough, guests can indulge at the full-service spa complete with a solarium and Turkish bath.
- "Picture-perfect views that take in the entire length of Copacabana's beach" -- Fodor’s
- "Copa's premier hotel for tourists and business visitors alike" -- Concierge
- Gym / fitness center
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: BRL 88 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: BRL TBC per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: BRL 60 per night
- Valet parking fee: BRL 60 per night
- Pet fee: BRL 50 per pet, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.