Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena
Why We Love It
- Luxury hotel housed in 17th century convent
- Biggest swimming pool in Old Town
- Works from Colombia’s greatest modern artists decorate the property
- The nuns' former dining hall is now a foodie hotspot
“Absolutely stunning and in the best location in Cartagena” -- Conde Nast Traveler
Rooms & Rates
Housed in a 17th century convent, the Sofitel Legend Santa Clara blends the history of Cartagena with the modern luxuries travelers expect from the upscale brand. Architects kept arched walkways, confessionals and water wells intact but ornamented the grounds with work from Colombia’s most sought-after contemporary artists including a bronze nude by Fernando Botero and designer duds by Lina Cantillo to dress the staff.
Visitors can choose between rooms in the new addition overlooking the pool and Caribbean Sea or colonial suites with antique furniture and views of the gardens or Old Town Cartagena. Classic rooms are smaller but connecting rooms can be reserved for families. Wi-Fi is free in all accommodations.
The interior walls of the convent surround an open-air courtyard filled with plants and toucans. A large terrace with chic white loungers and cabanas embraces the turquoise pool now dominating the courtyard.
Local and visiting foodies alike flock to Restaurante 1621, housed in the nuns’ former dining room. The highly-rated restaurant serves Latin-Americanized Mediterranean fare while the monastery kitchen has been transformed into El Claustro brasserie. Guests can sample local cocktails and cigars in El Coro Lounge where live musicians perform daily. After a day exploring Cartagena’s historic center, retreat to the So Spa for locally-influenced treatments.
- "More romantic than its Clarist nun founders could ever have intended" -- Fodor’s
- "The original details preserved in this 17th-century convent are exquisite" -- Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 24 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 26 per vehicle (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 200.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: USD 2.7 per accommodation, per night
- The national sales tax (19%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.