Suitess - An der Frauenkirche
Why We Love It
- Rare period building has been beautifully restored
- Excellent location in Dresden’s old town
- There's fine dining and the spa has a sauna and whirlpool
- Lavish bedrooms showcase antique-style furniture
"One classy address" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Described as "one classy address" by Frommer’s, the Suitess an der Frauenkirche is a luxuriously intimate bolthole, hidden in the centre of Dresden’s old town. The 5-star hotel is one of a cluster of eight buildings restored to their Baroque splendour in rich pastel colours -- among the finest examples of the city’s reconstruction after its decimation in the Second World War.
It’s set amid some of Dresden’s most spectacular historical sights. Next door, you’ll find some of Dresden’s architectural must-sees, including the stupendous Baroque Frauenkirche church. The namesake of the hotel, it has one of the largest domes in Europe. The Rococo Zwinger Palace is also nearby, as is the Dresden opera house.
The hotel's interior is lush with antique-style furnishings, yet remains stylishly faithful to the fuss-free clean lines of the Biedermeier period. Generously sized standard rooms have lavish beds and large bathrooms with twin sinks. Individually designed suites have original French and Belgian furniture and lots of granite and marble.
A fine-dining restaurant on the fifth floor serves extravagant dishes such as veal cheeks, chocolate-encrusted venison steaks and perch fillet with squid and a roof terrace provides for al fresco meals. There’s also a wellness area on an upper floor, with sauna, whirlpool and relaxation rooms.
- "For grace, style, and tranquillity, Suitess is the oasis of Dresden" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Germany. This property is rated 5 star Superior and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 23 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 30 per vehicle (one-way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 25.00 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 15 per pet, per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 19 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 45 per night
- Facilities fee: EUR 2.50 per person, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 59.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 79.00
- A city tax is imposed by the city of Dresden. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.A tax is imposed by the city and must be paid directly to the hotel. The tax amount is calculated based on the cost of the stay. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.