$79 & up – Virginia's 'Dirty Dancing' Resort w/$50 Credit
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Sneak in a last-minute summer trip or enjoy the crisp fall breeze at this family-friendly lodge, made famous by the iconic '80s movie "Dirty Dancing." Members save up to 60% on regular rates -- with a daily $50 credit.
- Stay in a Stone Lodge Room
- Through October
- $99 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays
- $139 per night ... select Fridays-Saturdays
- Nov. 1 - Dec. 30
- $79 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays
- $99 per night ... most Fridays-Saturdays
- Daily $50 resort credit
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to four guests sharing a room
- Children ages 4 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- 1 night's room fee and tax due at time of booking
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $10 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" section
Why We Love This Hotel
- Family-friendly activities on site include basketball, game nights, movie nights, scavenger hunts, and arts and crafts
- Over 22 miles of scenic hiking and biking trails -- guided hikes and walking tours offered
- Travelzoo members enjoyed their stays here, noting "the staff were all friendly and as helpful as possible"
- Guests can get maps at the front desk to take a self-guided "Dirty Dancing" tour
- S'more kits are available to enjoy at the front lawn fire pit
Close to the Appalachian Trail, the Mountain Lake Lodge has been in business since before the Civil War and has welcomed guests since the 1930s.
Movie buffs will recognize the sandstone face of the Mountain Lake Lodge as the resort featured in the film "Dirty Dancing," but in recent years, the Lodge has reinvented itself as an adventure destination. With 22 miles of hiking and biking trails, fishing, rafting and kayaking on the New River or zip-lining through the treetops (available seasonally), there's lots for guests to explore. Note that a number of activities require additional fees, but complimentary activities include lawn chess, shuffleboard, bocce and use of the newly renovated outdoor pool and hot tub.
Rooms offer king, queen or twin beds. North Side rooms feature views of the property's expansive front lawn, and Suites add a sitting area and jetted bathtub. It's worth mentioning that because the lodge is meant to be a true getaway and an older property, rooms do not include televisions or air conditioners (fans are included in all rooms). However, between exploring the outdoors; dining at Harvest, the farm-to-table restaurant; and chatting around the fireplace in the lobby or over drinks at the Stony Creek Tavern, you should be able to get along without it.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Games room
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 4 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $75 plus tax per pet per stay.
Maximum weight: 75 pounds.
Fees: Car park fee: $10 plus tax per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The Adventure Center is open on weekends, weather permitting.
Rooms are not air conditioned but do have fans.
$79 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(163 Member Ratings)