Churchill Embassy Row Hotel
Why We Love It
- Landmarked, century-old Beaux Arts beauty
- Between fashionable Dupont Circle and peaceful Kalorama
- Embassies and ambassadors fill the surrounding streets
- Rooms are quite spacious for the city
"The comfort of a ritzy home" -- Historic Hotels of America
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
To find The Churchill Hotel on Connecticut Avenue, look for the elegant, cream-colored Beaux Arts building that could easily pass as one of the row’s many opulent apartment complexes. That was the idea when the landmark opened in 1906, with owners who wanted “the restful quietude and exclusiveness of a private residence" (Historic Hotels of America).
The lobby is bedecked with chandeliers and plaster paneling, while rooms are simpler in traditional tones, neither screamingly modern nor overtly antique. Since they were laid out a century ago, the room sizes tend to be more generous than D.C.’s average, some with three-sided bay windows, and all have free Wi-Fi.
The hotel is on the north side of Dupont Circle, one of Washington, D.C.’s most fashionable neighborhoods. There are streets and streets of trendy bars, gourmet bistros and art galleries, oftentimes filling the ground floor of a historic row house. Dupont Circle’s namesake park and metro station are less than a half-mile down the road.
The neighborhood to the west is Kalorama, a leafy, peaceful district that houses many of D.C.’s long-time lodgers in grand, colonial mansions. Many ambassadors call this neighborhood home, as it makes for a quick commute to the area’s collection of embassies.
- “The property offers the comfort of a ritzy home and almost every service you can imagine” -- Historic Hotels of America
- “At this historic Beaux Arts landmark built in 1906, spacious guest rooms are comfortable and elegant” -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Crib available on request, free of charge for children under 4.
Extra bed available on request: $50 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be applied by hotel.
Pets are allowed on request and will incur a $150 (subject to tax) charge per stay. Charges will be applied by hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
(6 Member Ratings)