Fairmont San Francisco
Why We Love It
- With prime real estate atop Nob Hill this glitzy grand dame property offers panoramic views of the city and bay
- This AAA 4-Diamond hotel is the only place in the city where each of the cable car lines meet
- Sprawling rooftop culinary garden has four beehives producing honey for the downstairs restaurants
- All rooms received a total redo in 2014, but many of the 19th century touches remain intact
"The Fairmont is the grand dame of San Francisco hotels" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The landmark Fairmont San Francisco has held prime real estate atop Nob Hill for over a century. Every president since Harry Truman has stayed at the iconic hotel, and the property pays homage to its celebrity guests with a hallway of photographs divided by decade.
A $21 million renovation completed in 2014 refurbished all guest rooms and suites. Beautifully restored wrought iron accents and white crown molding surround contemporary fixtures like velvet indigo furnishings, local artwork, and marble bathrooms with rainfall showers and jetted tubs. Rooms in the original building are spacious, while Tower Building accommodations offer spectacular views. Request an upper floor facing the northwest to spot the Golden Gate Bridge from the comfort of Frette linens. Guests have access to Active Sports Club at Nob Hill’s fitness center and spa.
A high-tech media lounge is another new addition, complete with gaming stations, a Bang & Olufsen jukebox and screening room for up to 24 people. The property’s restaurants include Laurel Court’s fine dining and the exotic Tonga Room with a tropical rainfall. A rooftop culinary garden houses four beehives that provide honey for the restaurants below as well as the hotel’s original Honey Saison Beer.
The surrounding neighborhood is one of the city’s hilliest, so pack good walking shoes. Union Square is a short stroll (downhill) from the property, and the rest of San Francisco’s must-see attractions are easily accessible as the hotel is the only point in the city where all cable car lines meet.
- "The Fairmont is the grandest of all the grand hotels at the top of Nob Hill" -- DK Eyewitness
- "Its perch atop Nob Hill affords spectacular city views from every room -- though the panoramic views from the Tower Suites are the best" -- Frommer’s
- "The lobby's ornate marble staircase feels as if it was built for Cinderella's dramatic descent to the prince's ball" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm. Checkout time is 12pm. The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or checkout.
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or checkout.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.