$97 – Downtown Toronto Stays through March, Reg. $150
This historic hotel located in the heart of downtown Toronto is now offering savings of 35% on stays through March.
- What's included:
- Through March 31
- $97 per night ... Smart Queen
- $105 per night ... Smart King
- Upgrade to Executive Queen or Executive King for an additional $23
- Not available on: Feb. 15-16; March 3-5
- Price based on a maximum of two guests sharing a room; children up to the age of 18 stay free of charge
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking on site is $29 per night and self-parking close to the hotel varies from $26 to $38
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"Compact, renovated rooms" -- Lonely Planet
Why We Love It
- Union Station is right across the street, guests can hop the Union Pearson Express to the airport
- This hotel's central location and reasonable price tag make it an excellent option for visitors
- Guest rooms are small and feature iPod docks, cable TV and Wi-Fi access
- Grab some grub on site at York Street Cafe or The Strath Pub
It’s not easy finding a clean and affordable stay in the heart of downtown Toronto, but that’s what the Strathcona Hotel offers. Steps away from major tourist attractions such as the CN Tower and Ripley’s Aquarium, this hotel is ideal for solo visitors or couples who don’t mind getting cozy in compact rooms. Shopping on Yonge Street is a few walkable blocks away and Union Station, offering a direct connection to the airport and the rest of the city, is across the street. Business travelers needing access to Bay Street or the Metro Toronto Convention Centre will find the location handy.
The bargain for mid-range rooms means a sacrifice in space and some amenities; parking and Wi-Fi aren’t free here. Previous guests praise comfortable beds, and the property is eco-friendly and smoke-free. Reviews note the friendly staff and the clean rooms. Rainfall showers in the bathrooms are a nice touch.
On site, the York Street Café and The Strath Pub serve hot food for a quick bite, and the pub has a number of large screens, ideal for watching games you can’t score tickets to. The Air Canada Centre and Rogers Centre are both a short walk away for luckier sports fans.
"The rooms are small but clean, with light wood floors, minimalist contemporary decor, and ultra-comfy beds" -- Oyster.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Cribs available in Smart and Executive rooms only.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Maximum occupancy for all rooms is 2 guests.
Cribs available in Smart and Executive rooms only.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Valet service fee: C$39 plus tax per day. Valet parking is available on-site.
A public car park is located next door with parking fees ranging from $35 to $50 CAD (subject to tax) per day (subject to change without notice).
Valet parking is available on-site.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$97 / night
When You Can Go
Through March 31
Getting ThereFrom Pearson International Airport, hop on the Union Pearson Express Train, which disembarks at Union Station, across the street from the hotel. From Billy Bishop Airport, board the free bus outside the airport, which lets out just around the corner from the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(5 Member Ratings)