Audleys Wood Hotel
Why We Love It
- The hotel is housed in a Victorian hunting lodge that is surrounded by wooded gardens
- You can dine in the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant, which has vaulted ceilings and serves modern European cuisine
- Jane Austen's House Museum and the ruins of Odiham Castle are both within 20 minutes' drive of the hotel
"Lovely country house in extensive grounds" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2017
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Audleys Wood Hotel is a Victorian hunting lodge tucked away at the end of a long driveway in the Hampshire countryside. Built around 1880, this Neogothic country house is surrounded by fields, yet it's a 10-minute drive from Basingstoke, where you can visit the ruins of Tudor palace Basing House or catch a show at the Haymarket Theatre.
National Trust property The Vyne -- a 16th-century country house -- is 15 minutes' drive from the hotel, and Jane Austen's House Museum is a 20-minute drive away. Grange Park Opera and Highclere Castle -- a filming location for "Downton Abbey" -- both take around 30 minutes by car. You can also drive 35 minutes and visit Winchester Cathedral -- "one of southern England's most awe-inspiring buildings" (Lonely Planet), while Stonehenge is 50 minutes by car.
The hotel's fine-dining restaurant holds two AA Rosettes and overlooks the landscaped gardens. The cosy lounge has a log fire and ornate wood panelling, and serves traditional afternoon tea and light lunches.
Wi-Fi is free throughout, and a copy of The Daily Telegraph is always kept in the lounge in memory of the paper's former editor and owner Viscount Camrose, who leased Audleys Wood during the Second World War and hosted many great statesmen and journalists here.
- "Local ingredients cooked with classical flair in a grand setting" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2017
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib and extra bed available on request, free of charge, for children aged 11 and under. This includes breakfast.
There is no extra bed for older children and adults.
No pets allowed.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(5 Member Ratings)