The Glasshouse Hotel
Why We Love It
- "Among the top 'boutique hotels' in Edinburgh", says The Daily Telegraph
- Central New Town location, 10 minutes’ walk from Princes Street
- Excellent Calton Hill views from the huge roof garden
- Spacious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows
"The perfect, city-centre hideaway" The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Described by Condé Nast Traveller as "stylish enough to have hosted both The Darkness and Meryl Streep", The Glasshouse is a daring, contemporary hotel hidden behind an extravagant gothic façade.
Situated right next to the Omni entertainment centre and a mere 10-minute walk from the shops of Princes Street and New Town, you’ll be staying in an ideal spot for sightseeing. The Scott Monument and the National Gallery of Scotland (admission free) are also nearby, and a brisk 20 minutes' walk uphill will take you to Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile and Holyrood House.
This is a boutique, intimate-feeling property but the Observatory breakfast room offers a continental spread and full à la carte Scottish breakfast daily, and there’s a 2-acre rooftop terrace overlooking Calton Hill. Room service, available 24 hours a day, provides restaurant-quality meals to enjoy in the privacy of your room or out on the terrace, and the cosy lounge (or 'snug') has an honesty bar.
In the bedrooms, slick interiors are bright and open-plan, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Edinburgh’s rooftops or the UNESCO-recognized National Monument. Bottled water and a Nespresso machine are provided in each room, and you can upgrade to an Executive Room for free access to the mini bar, refilled daily.
Named after different blends of Scottish whisky, the more spacious suites come with a dram of the good stuff, and the living space and bedroom are divided by a slatted screen, fitted with a clever revolving TV. Bathrooms are modern and feature heated floors; some also boast rainforest showers and separate bathtubs.
- "[Rooms are] big and airy with show-stopping floor-to-ceiling windows, terraces, and a sleekly minimalist, retro style... Blissfully comfortable beds are huge" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Among the top "boutique" hotels of Edinburgh, the Glasshouse combines old and new" -- Frommer's
- "Behind a 150-year-old church façade at the top of Leith Walk is one of Edinburgh's more unusual boutique hotels" -- The Guardian
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 12.50 and GBP 18.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 35 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: GBP 16.50 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 25 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.