South Congress Hotel
Why We Love It
- Modern, design-focused rooms in the center of the eclectic South Congress neighborhood
- Custom minimalist decor, Aesop toiletries, and individual Wi-Fi networks in each room
- Dining options include Japanese restaurant Okoto by Top Chef winner Paul Qui
- A rooftop pool and bar offers skyline views for idyllic lounging
"A paradigm of actual Southern comfort" -- Surface Magazine
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Situated on its bustling namesake avenue, the modern South Congress Hotel recently opened in the fall of 2015. This trendy respite blends in with its neighboring eclectic establishments and the socially-conscious patrons that frequent them.
Hardwood floors and custom-designed furniture inspired by mid-century modernism outfit the 83 guestrooms and suites, each equipped with bespoke Mateo linens, Aesop hair and body products and a locally-curated minibar. In stride with Austin's thriving tech-scene, rooms are connected to individual Wi-Fi networks and equipped with Google Chromecast, Apple TV and a bluetooth alarm clock radio.
Adding to the iconic South Congress restaurant and retail scene, the hotel is home to tenoverten nail salon, a women's clothing boutique and a retro motorcycle shop. Dining options include the all-day bistro Cafe No Se, the classic American bar and grill Central Standard, a juice and coffee bar, and Otoko, a Japanese restaurant by James Beard awarded and Top Chef Winner, Executive Chef Paul Qui. Cocktails and small bites are available in the lobby bar and a bar next to the rooftop pool.
Guests have access to the hotel's complimentary BMW x5 house car for drop offs within three miles. For those bringing a car, valet parking is steep at $10 a day, or $29 overnight. Free parking is available on side streets, just be sure to read zone and permit signs.
- "Set to become the meeting place for what’s cool in Austin" -- Domino Magazine
- "[The hotel] takes everything you love about the Live Music Capital of the World and rolls it into a three-story structure on ultra-vibrant South Congress Avenue." -- Travel + Leisure
- "Designed in a rugged minimalist style characteristic of Austin with materials inspired by the Texas terrain" -- Architectural Digest
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 125 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.