The Abbey Hotel
About the Hotel
- Overnight accommodation in an Executive Double room, with full English breakfast and a 3-course dinner, for two
- A bottle of house wine with dinner (worth $26)
- 2-night stays in an Elgar King room, with daily breakfast, a 3-course dinner on the first night, a bottle of wine with dinner, a Body and Sole pack, a walking map of the Malvern Hills and use of hotel robes is $219
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra $22 per night when staying for two nights
Why We Love This Hotel
- This historic property is in the spa town of Great Malvern, next to the ancient priory
- The hotel has views of the priory, the Vale of Evesham and the Malvern Hills
- It has easy access to lots of local walking trails, making it a great choice for hikers
The Abbey Hotel in Great Malvern -- with its striking Virginia creeper-clad façade -- dates back to 1848. A modern extension has not diminished the charm of this property at the foot of the Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
With views of the Vale of Evesham, the Severn Valley and the Cotswolds, the hotel is an excellent base for hikers looking to access the area's many walking trails. Eastnor Castle, Three Choirs Vineyard and Westons Cider Mill are all within 30 minutes' drive. Petrolheads should make time for a tour of the Morgan Motor Company, which has manufactured sports cars locally for the past 100 years.
A buffet breakfast is available each morning and afternoon tea is served in the lounge bar. The Priory View Restaurant serves modern British fare for lunch and dinner.
The comfortable bedrooms are a decent size and have views over the pretty gardens, Great Malvern Priory or the countryside beyond. Wi-Fi is free throughout, and tea- and coffee-making facilities come as standard. Some rooms can accommodate up to two children on a sofa bed, and well-behaved pets can stay in some rooms (extra charges apply on check-in; request upon booking).
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 per pet per night.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(187 Member Ratings)