Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Why We Love It
- Designed by acclaimed French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, the hotel's prism-like glass design has an "understated elegance" (Travel + Leisure)
- Michelin-recommended dining awaits at Cafe des Architectes, featuring "sophisticated New French cuisine" (Zagat)
- Many rooms are filled with natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the city skyline
- Located on the south edge of the Gold Coast, within three blocks of the boutiques on Oak Street and Mag Mile shopping
"A wonder of modern architecture" -- Fodor's
97% (162 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Sleek European roots and innovative architecture greet you with a "Bonjour!" at Sofitel's 4.5-star North American flagship property, set on the south edge of Chicago's Gold Coast near the Mag Mile. This sophisticated property sits within three blocks from Rush Street nightclubs, Oak Street shopping, the iconic John Hancock Center and prime Lake Michigan beachfront.
Acclaimed French architect Jean-Paul Viguier "wanted the Sofitel’s shimmering white glass to complement the stoic black façade of the nearby John Hancock Tower" (Architectural Digest), and the hotel's prism-like glass design angles over the sidewalk, wowing guests upon arrival. Even though the building soars 32 floors above street level, the hotel maintains an intimate and boutique-like feel with only 16 rooms per floor.
Rooms are minimalist in design though "more daring than most with color choices [and] filled with natural light" (Frommer's). The hotel's European feel continues with plush white bedding, two different kinds of power outlets for international travelers, along with luxe marble bathrooms that include a separate shower and tub and Lanvin bath amenities.
Guests can sit down to Michelin-recommended dining at the on-site Café des Architectes, which serves up "simple but creative" fare in a "chic ... striking" dining room (Michelin Guide). For a nightcap, take a crack at Le Bar's specialty martini list while kicking back in the lounge's comfy, "den-like" setting (Fodor's).
- One of the the Best Luxury Hotels in Chicago -- Oyster.com
- "Looks right at home in a city known for its fine architecture" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "Its overall style is both hip and warm --- not always an easy balance to strike" -- Gayot.com
- Recently named one of Chicago's Top 20 Hotels -- Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards 2016
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Parking Self parking available offsite
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children age 16 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge. Extra beds are not available. Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Dogs are allowed on request (under 30lbs) . Dogs may not be left alone in the room. Cleaning fees may be charged and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $71.00 (subject to tax) per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(162 Member Reviews)