Mahekal Beach Resort
Why We Love This Hotel
- The boho, beachfront resort is only a five minute walk to downtown Playa del Carmen
- Rooms are casita style complete with your own hammock
- Scuba and snorkeling enthusiasts will enjoy the onsite dive center, Vida Aquática
- Relaxation is a priority here, so there are no televisions in the guest rooms
- For a virtual tour of the property, check out this video
Mahekal Beach resort is a laid back, beachfront resort catering to those that want to get away from it all. The thatched roof cottages with hammocks offer garden or water views. There are no televisions in your guest room to distract your relaxation, but you can still connect with the outside world from the free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.
The resort’s location in the heart of Playa del Carmen makes it a five-minute walk to shopping restaurants and nightlife on Fifth Avenue. Scuba and snorkeling enthusiasts will enjoy the onsite dive center, Vida Aquática, which offers courses or tours depending on your level of expertise. Four pools, four bars, three restaurants and a spa are also great ways to unwind at the resort.
If you’re looking for a quiet retreat, consult the hotel‘s website for the Playa del Carmen music festival guide before booking. Since the resort is located near beach clubs, certain times of year music can be heard on the property.