Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- Luxury beachfront resort on the Riviera Maya with three pools
- Free breakfast served in the restaurant or delivered to rooms
- Rooms have free Wi-Fi and balconies but no televisions
- Named to Travel + Leisure's Best Mexico Beach Resorts and Conde Nast Readers’ Choice List (2016)
"The service rates a 15 on a scale of one to ten" -- Conde Nast Traveler
Rooms & Rates
The jungle and beach meet in perfect harmony at the Belmond Maroma Resort, where a labyrinth of paths weave through tropical forest leading guests to white sand and thatched-roof guest rooms. Located between Cancun and Tulum, the resort features open-air designs and is decorated with handcrafted furnishings and handwoven rugs and hammocks. Attention to detail transcends from décor to service; the staff “elevates the experience from mundane to genuinely personal” (Travel + Leisure), from the waiters preparing guacamole tableside to maids scattering fresh blossoms across guest beds each day.
Visitors can reserve one of the original, thatched-roof bungalows featuring hand-painted Mexican tiles in the deep soaking tubs, indigenous artwork and balconies or terraces. The resort recently added nine new suites with private plunge pools, outdoor showers, in-room morning coffee delivery and exclusive access to a private fitness center and a beachfront spa with self-serve mud baths. In low season, kids up to 12 years old stay free in their parents’ rooms. The family-friendly resort accommodates young guests with in-room welcome gifts, child-sized robes and slippers, beach games and kids menus in the restaurants.
El Restaurante serves regional specialties like shrimp tacos and pescadillas for three meals a day, but after sunset, the outdoor terrace and beach dining are illuminated with candles as a band serenades diners. Mediterranean-style cuisine is available at El Sol Tapas, or guests can enjoy a traditional bar menu with Mexican twist and beer at La Cantina. Breakfast is included in all room rates and guests can choose to dine in the restaurant or have the meal delivered to their rooms.
Between meals, the resort keeps guests busy with three palm tree-lined pools (including one exclusively for adults), two tennis courts, a fitness center with private classes and personal trainers, free bicycle tours of the jungle and an observation tower with 360-degree views of the resort, jungle and ocean. On the beach, a thatched-roof casita holds a boutique selling authentic Mexican art, jewelery and clothing in addition to necessities like waterproof cameras, sunscreen and sunglasses. Food-focused activities like cooking classes, tequila tastings and themed dinners are available. The concierge can arrange ecology tours, scuba diving excursions, visits to the Mayan temples, sailing trips, swimming with dolphins and tee times at local golf courses
- "Has a beautiful setting on a white-sand beach, amid a jungle preserve" -- Oyster.com
- "Elegant Mayan-themed hotel, where butterflies and parrots fly and the scent of flowers fills the air" -- Fodor’s
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: MXN 2576 per vehicle (one way)
- Pet fee: MXN 3680 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: MXN 2500 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.