$279 – Palm Springs: Private Bungalow at No. 1 Resort
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Relax at this adults-only Palm Springs hotel -- named the No. 1 resort in the U.S. by Conde Nast Traveler readers in 2018 -- and receive daily breakfast for two with this exclusive Travelzoo deal.
"A mid-century modern masterpiece, L’Horizon Resort & Spa boasts an enviable pedigree" -- Gayot
- $279 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays through September
- Stay in a Deluxe Bungalow
- Daily continental breakfast for two ($60 value)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests; max occupancy is two guests
- This is an adults-only resort; all guests must be 21 and over
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort/facility fee of $35 plus tax per night; the fee covers pool and spa access, fitness/yoga classes, internet access, airport shuttle and more
- Valet parking is $30 plus tax per stay
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Named the top resort in the U.S. and the No. 4 resort in the world in 2018 by Conde Nast Traveler readers
- The sleek and upscale hotel design from renowned architect Steve Hermann is a throwback to Hollywood's golden age
- A boutique hotel with only 25 guest rooms, it offers an intimate respite
- Luxurious in-room amenities include marble bathrooms with rain forest showers, Apple TVs and Nespresso coffee machines
This new boutique hotel -- the only Leading Hotels of the World hotel in Palm Springs -- was originally built in 1952 by celebrated architect William F. Cody as a private residence for Jack Wrather, a TV producer, oil tycoon and hotelier. It was built with 20 guesthouses so his Hollywood friends could come stay on the weekends. Those friends included the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable and Ronald Reagan, among others. Having recently undergone a multimillion-dollar renovation from designer Steve Hermann (known for his work on celebrity homes), the hotel maintains that 1950s Hollywood glamour and midcentury modern architecture with luxurious accents.
All of the 25 bungalows are sleek in design, incorporating natural elements, neutral colors and plenty of light streaming through floor-to-ceiling glass walls. They are decked out with luxe amenities, including vintage furniture, plush Frette linens, marble bathrooms with rain forest showers, Nespresso coffee machines, Apple TVs, Le Labo bath products and furnished outdoor patios. Larger bungalows get even more luxurious with fireplaces and private outdoor showers; the Residence bungalow even has its own private pool and yard. Rather than a number, rooms have the name of the guest on them for the utmost in personalized service.
The restaurant, SO-PA, serves innovative cuisine in an alfresco dining space. Pamper yourself at the spa, which offers an indoor/outdoor space with private outdoor showers. The pool is for guests only and daily treats are passed around -- from ice cream to shots of tequila -- making it a very intimate experience. Other indulgent complimentary amenities include twice-daily hand and foot massages. To top it off, take in views of the surrounding San Jacinto Mountains during your stay.
General The resort offers complimentary access to nearby Fitness Center.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Complimentary chauffeur service
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available. Children are not permitted at this adults only property. Must be 21 to check-in.
Children are not permitted at this adults only property. Must be 21 to check-in.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $150 per pet per stay.
A $150 inclusive of tax, per night incidental hold will be placed on the debit/credit card provided at check-in. The resort fee includes:
Valet service fee: $30 plus tax per stay.
A resort/facility fee of $35 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$279 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.