Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond hotel near the Mag Mile and Millennium Park
- One of Chicago's best hotels according to Condé Nast Traveler
- Kimpton property includes many fun (and free) perks
- Some rooms have Chicago River views; suites feature huge bathrooms
"One of the Top Hotels in Chicago" -- Condé Nast Traveler
100% (85 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Located where the Mag Mile meets the Chicago River, the AAA 4-Diamond Hotel Monaco offers “a mix of Art Deco elegance and bright, quirky boutique flair” that makes it “one of the city’s best boutiques” (Oyster.com).
Rooms at the Monaco all feature bay windows and luxury bath amenities, along with fun touches like animal-print bathrobes. King Deluxe Rooms clock in at a generous 332 square feet, and Queen Rooms are 380 square feet, while high ceilings add to the spacious feeling. Suites offer extra living space and spacious spa-like bathrooms.
While there’s no pool on site, kids will love the welcome gift they receive on arrival and hula hoops in the fitness rooms, as well as a goldfish that can be delivered to the room to keep the family company. (Parents will love that babysitting can be arranged as well.)
Guests are privy to all the fun perks that come along with a Kimpton stay: nightly wine hour, complimentary coffee and tea each morning in the lobby, a yoga mat in every room and pet-friendly rooms with no extra fees for man’s best friend (the concierge can even arrange a professional dog walker during your stay for an extra fee). Kimpton Karma Rewards members also get free Wi-Fi and a $10 credit to the minibar.
The Monaco is perfectly located to launch a shopping trip on the Mag Mile or a cultural exploration of Chicago. The Art Institute and Millennium Park are a short stroll away, while the Museum Campus, home to the Field Museum, Adler Planetarium and Shedd Aquarium, are a quick cab ride south. The shops of Michigan Avenue are just across the river, and the entire city beckons from multiple bus and L train options nearby.
- "It’s tough to find a better view than the one you’ll get here" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "Guests don't have [to] sacrifice personal touches for convenience at this downtown Loop boutique hotel" -- Travel + Leisure
- "High ceilings make standard rooms feel even more spacious, and each of the units has a cushion-lined window seat, peering down on the city" -- Frommers
- "All in all, it's one of the city's best boutiques" -- Oyster.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
Services Babysitting available for a fee. Services must be arranged in advance.
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding. Cot/crib available on request, free of charge. Extra bed available on request and in Suites only: $25 per night for one older child or adult.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request, free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: High-speed Wi-Fi is complimentary for Karma members.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(85 Member Reviews)