Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Why We Love It
- Tucked away on a quiet side street in the rollicking French Quarter
- Historic cottages housed the studio of pre-eminent bird painter John James Audubon
- All guests are loaded up with extras: free breakfast, welcome drink, Wi-Fi and bottled water
- A saltwater pool is tucked into one of the peaceful inner courtyards
"Guests tend to like the atmosphere a lot" -- Frommer’s
Rooms & Rates
Taking up a few of the French Quarter’s more well-preserved buildings, the Dauphine Orleans Hotel not only absorbs their period architecture, but also a rich history that’s uniquely New Orleans. This part of the city was a thriving red-light district in the late 1800s, and the hotel’s bar fills a room that was once a popular bordello.
The buildings cluster around three quiet courtyards and a saltwater pool. At the back of the property used to be the studio of John James Audubon, the 19th-century naturalist and artist who set out to paint every American bird species, discovering several new ones in the process. Some rooms have balconies or terraces; others preserve the beamed ceilings and exposed brick walls of past lives.
The hotel is a block away from Bourbon Street, which teems with nightlife and creole restaurants. That one-block separation makes a big difference, as many past guests praise the peaceful, tucked-away vibe here.
- “Within walking distance of the action but removed enough to make it a secluded respite, this French Quarter hotel has a lot of charm” -- Fodor’s
- “It's just a block from the action on Bourbon Street, but you wouldn't know it if you were sitting in any of its three secluded courtyards. Guests tend to like the atmosphere a lot” -- Frommer’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible parking
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children ages 17 and under (max 2) stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). No extra bed available for adults or children and no cribs available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.