The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City
Why We Love It
- The 5-star, Art Deco property is a Manhattan landmark
- It's the middle of the theater district but feels like a quiet hideaway
- Food Network chef, Geoffrey Zakarian, runs the restaurant
- The rooms are plush and have a private bar
"Pretty extraordinary" -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Following a $100 million renovation, The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel is a quiet hideaway, two blocks from busy Times Square, and occupies a neo-Georgian building that was once the clubhouse of The Lambs (the lauded entertainers club, which counted Charlie Chaplin and Fred Astaire as members). According to About.com, it is home to one of New York City's top hotel spas, offering special treatments like the 'In a New York Minute' facial. A butler is also on-hand to cater to spa-goers needs.
The location is ideal for sightseeing, four blocks from Rockefeller Center and 15 minutes on foot from the Empire State Building, and there are six subway lines within a two-block radius.
Celebrity chef Geoffrey Zakarian runs the restaurant, serving top-notch modern American dishes such as Long Island duck with huckleberries and coffee molé, and The Lambs Club Bar hosts regular jazz nights.
Art Deco-style rooms are sophisticated with suede-covered walls and trunk-style cabinets. You'll find private bars -- complete with bespoke cocktail sets and menus -- as well as copies of The Great Gatsby and backgammon sets in every room, and some rooms have terraces with under-floor heating. Laptops, iPods and iPads can be borrowed for free, and the nightly turndown service supplies bottled water and a free shoeshining service.
- "Even the ordinary doubles are pretty extraordinary" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "The Chatwal New York delivers the luxury experience in style" -- Fodor's
- "Landmark building and a design with true sense of place" -- New York Magazine
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request free of charge for children under 3. No extra bed available.
Pets: Small dogs are allowed on request and will incur an extra $200 charge + tax per stay on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.