Why We Love It
- The hotel is on the edge of Athens's old quarter, known for its shops and restaurants
- There is a rooftop terrace with views of the Acropolis
- You'll be a 10-minute walk from the Acropolis summit and less than five minutes' walk from the Acropolis Museum
- Syntagma Square, the city's commerical and political heart, is around 15 minutes' walk away
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Philippos Hotel is a cosy property on a quiet side street in Athens's city centre. It is less than five minutes' walk from the Acropolis Museum at the foot of the Acropolis, which is crowned by the ruins of the Parthenon temple. The museum is one of Lonely Planet's Top Choice attractions in Athens.
The hotel is close to the old quarter, known for its range of shops and restaurants. Syntagma Square, by the Greek Parliament building in the city centre, is around 15 minutes' walk away. Acropolis Metro station is less than five minutes' walk from the hotel.
A buffet breakfast is served from 7-10am in the hotel's café, where you can also order drinks throughout the day. Service is "low-key yet efficient", says The Daily Telegraph. Guests can also relax with a drink at the hotel's terrace, set against the backdrop of the Acropolis. There is no restaurant on site, but guests get a 10% discount on meals at Atrium Greek Bistrot located at the Herodion Hotel (the hotel's sister property), which is a 2-minute walk away.
There are 50 bedrooms, each with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. Some of the rooms offer views of the Acropolis.
- "A popular favourite, Philippos offers small, well-appointed rooms near the Acropolis" -- Lonely Planet
- "This family-friendly hotel in central Athens is a homely and good-value choice" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 2 and under.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A 0.5% city tax is included in the total price for stays until December 31st, 2017.
From January 1st, 2018, City tax not included in the total price: 3€ per room, per night, payable at the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(24 Member Ratings)