$103 – Londonderry country house stay w/meals & bubbly
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to a hotel in the Northern Ireland countryside that counts Hollywood stars and a former president among its clientele. An overnight stay at Beech Hill Country House Hotel near Londonderry is now less than $52 per person, saving up to 36% on regular prices.
- Overnight accommodation in a House Double Room (in the original manor house) or Garden Double Room (in the modern wing; room type subject to availability on booking), with cooked breakfast, a glass of prosecco on arrival and late checkout until 12pm, for two
- £20 dinner allocation per person to spend on the all-day menu at Sixteen22 Gastro Pub
- It's $187 for a 2-night stay, with the extra night on B&B
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra $21 per night
Why We Love This Hotel
- This 4-star Georgian property is set in 32 acres of woodland, lakes and gardens
- Former US president Bill Clinton, Jude Law, Will Ferrell and Tommy Hilfiger have stayed at the hotel
- Londonderry city centre is less than 10 minutes' drive away
- The Sperrin Mountains are 35 minutes' drive away; the Giant's Causeway takes about an hour to reach by car
The family-run Beech Hill Country House Hotel occupies a Georgian property built in 1729, and is set in woodland filled with ponds and waterfalls. Among the hotel's previous guests are A-list celebrities and politicians including Bill Clinton, Will Ferrell, Jude Law and Tommy Hilfiger.
The hotel was used as a base by the US Marines in World War II, and has a wartime archive and a memorial to the Marine Corps.
Londonderry -- an "artistic and cultural hub" with a "splendid riverside setting" (Lonely Planet) -- is less than 10 minutes' drive away. The River Foyle, which has excellent fishing and some of the best oyster beds in the UK, is 20 minutes' drive away. It's also an excellent wildlife-spotting destination -- you might see dolphins and seals, or huge flocks of migrating birds.
The Sperrin Mountains -- Northern Ireland's largest mountain range, with undulating hills, quiet valleys, boggy uplands and diverse wildlife -- are a 35-minute drive away. The Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is just over an hour's drive away.
According to The Daily Telegraph, the hotel's "imposing 1729 building, surrounded by the beech trees that gave it its name, has all the grace and exquisite proportions you associate with the Georgian era". House Rooms are in the original manor house, while Garden Rooms are in the modern wing.
The Ardmore Restaurant sources local products from nearby farms and local fishermen. There is also a gastro pub for more informal dining. Vegetables and herbs are gathered daily from the hotel's garden.
Golf, horse riding, hill walking and other activities can be arranged by the hotel for a supplement.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per night.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 36% off
$103 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(50 Member Ratings)