$179 – Bath stay inc 2-AA-Rosette dinner & bottle of bubbly
Bailbrook House Hotel is a "handsome Georgian country mansion done out in classy contemporary boutique style", according to The AA. Overnight stays are now $179, saving 33% on the usual cost, and include:
- Accommodation in an Executive Room (in the modern annex, adjacent to the mansion house), with full English breakfast, for two
- A choice between a 3-course set-menu dinner and a 3-course à la carte dinner (until 13 January, 2019) or £35 per person to spend on the à la carte menu (from 14 January-28 February, 2019)
- A bottle of prosecco (worth $41)
- Saturdays are an extra $53
- It's $286 for a 2-night stay (Sunday-Friday) with the extra night on a B&B basis; Saturdays are $64 more
"The Mansion House was designed by one of Bath's leading Georgian architects, and is splendid" -- The Daily Telegraph
Why We Love It
- This Grade II-listed manor is set in 20 acres of hilltop parkland
- Bailbrook House Hotel holds four AA Silver Stars, and the restaurant has two AA Rosettes
- The hotel is "perfectly placed" (The AA), 15 minutes' drive from the attractions of Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel -- a Grade II-listed Georgian mansion built by architect John Eveleigh in the 1790s, is nestled in manicured gardens on the outskirts of Bath. The property boasts country and city vistas, a laid-back atmosphere and a honey-stone façade.
The city centre, home to the Roman Baths, The Pump Room and the Royal Crescent, is a 15-minute taxi ride away. There is also a regular bus service into town (the bus stop is 500 metres from the hotel), or you can embark on the pleasant hour-long stroll along the Kennett and Avon Canal. Return to a traditional afternoon tea served on the terrace in fine weather or in one of the three Royal Lounges.
"The Cloisters Restaurant offers romantic, high-end dining, and staff are on the ball," according to The Daily Telegraph. The restaurant holds two AA Rosettes and is in the manor house's vaulted cellars. The Conservatory Bar is a lovely spot for a snack or an after-dinner nightcap, and the Lansdown Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast. There is a small gym. Wi-Fi is free.
Executive Rooms are in the modern annex adjacent to the mansion house.
- "The hotel stands at the top of a long, winding drive, and has pleasant views over sloping lawns and mature trees down the Avon Valley, with Bath visible in the distance" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "[Bailbrook House Hotel] offers superior accommodation, ideally situated on the edge of Bath, set in attractive grounds with ample parking" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2019
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib and extra bed are available, free of charge, for children aged 12 and under. There is no extra bed available, nor allowed, for older children and adults.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$179 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Fri until 28 Feb, 2019; +$53 Sat
Getting ThereParking is free. Bath city centre and Bath Spa railway station are around 15 minutes' drive, or you can take one of three buses from London Road West.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(123 Member Ratings)