$186 – Bath getaway with 2-AA-Rosette dinner & bubbly
Bailbrook House Hotel is a "handsome Georgian country mansion done out in classy contemporary boutique style", according to The AA. Overnight stays are now $186, saving 35% on the usual cost, and include:
- Accommodation in an Executive Room (in the modern annex, adjacent to the mansion house), with full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course set-menu dinner each (worth $51 per person)
- A bottle of prosecco (worth $49)
- Two-night stays with dinner and prosecco start from $295 (second night B&B)
"The Mansion House was designed by one of Bath's leading Georgian architects, and is splendid" -- The Daily Telegraph
Why We Love It
- This Grade II-listed manor is set in 20 acres of hilltop parkland
- It holds four AA Silver Stars, and the restaurant has two AA Rosettes
- This hotel is "perfectly placed" (The AA), 15 minutes' drive from the attractions of Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel -- a Grade II-listed Georgian mansion built by architect John Eveleigh in the 1790s, is nestled in manicured gardens on the outskirts of Bath. The property boasts country and city vistas, a laid-back atmosphere and a honey-stone façade.
After you arrive, there's no need to drive to explore. The city centre, home to the Roman Baths, The Pump Room and the Royal Crescent, is a 15-minute taxi ride away. There is also a regular bus service into town (the bus stop is 500 metres from the hotel), or you can embark on the pleasant hour-long stroll along the Kennett and Avon Canal. Return to a traditional afternoon tea served on the terrace or in one of the three Royal Lounges.
"The Cloisters Restaurant offers romantic, high-end dining, and staff are on the ball," according to The Daily Telegraph. The restaurant holds two AA Rosettes and is in the manor house's vaulted cellars. The Conservatory Bar is a lovely spot for a snack or an after-dinner nightcap, and the Lansdown Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast each morning. There is also a small gym on site.
Executive Rooms are in the modern annex adjacent to the mansion house. Wi-Fi is free.
- "The hotel stands at the top of a long, winding drive, and has pleasant views over sloping lawns and mature trees down the Avon Valley, with Bath visible in the distance" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "[Bailbrook House] offers superior accommodation, ideally situated on the edge of Bath, set in attractive grounds with ample parking" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2018
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib and extra bed are available, free of charge, for children aged 12 and under.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$186 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Fri until 31 Aug; +$55-$66 Sat
Getting ThereThe hotel is an hour's drive from Bristol airport and two hours' drive from London. Bath city centre and Bath Spa station are around 15 minutes' drive, or you can take one of three buses from London Road West. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(111 Member Ratings)