Le Caméléon Boutique Hotel
Why We Love It
- Upscale hotel on the Caribbean coast near seaside village, jungle and coral reefs
- Resort offers yoga classes, full-service spa, beach club, pool and restaurant
- Intriguing lighting on exterior changes color daily, giving the hotel its name
- Concierge arranges white-water rafting, deep sea fishing, wildlife cruises and cutural tours
“Decidedly un–Puerto Viejo in its luxury” -- Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel is the first luxury property in the lush jungle along the Caribbean coast, traditionally known for attracting surfers to the rural region and nearby fishing villages. The remote area's only upscale lodging, the hotel features tropical gardens, a sparkling pool, Jacuzzi, treehouse spa, and La Sula Sea Lounge complete with day-beds and hammocks on Cocles Beach.
Balconies and patios elbow into the flora and open to bright white guest rooms featuring minimalist design. The bleached walls are a blank canvas for the slashes of bold hues that change color -- the hotel’s namesake artistic element -- and reflect the colors found in the natural surroundings. All rooms have air conditioning, Wi-Fi, a rain shower, mini bar, iPod docking station and bath amenities from the botanical gardens of Yves Rocher.
The two-story, open-air NUMU restaurant serves tropical cocktails and Central American cuisine alongside a kaleidoscope of ancient trees, striking flowers and exotic wildlife. The charming seaside hamlet of Puerto Viejo blends Latino, Afro-Caribbean and Bribri cultures, offering Reggae music and coconut delicacies to visitors.
Explore Costa Rica beyond the hotel grounds with tours arranged by the concierge. Guests can schedule trips to snorkel, dive and surf among the coral reefs, horseback ride or zip-line through the volcanic jungle, and make contact with indigenous communities deep within the rain forest.
- “In a part of the country once known mainly by intrepid surfers for its waves, the splashy new boutique hotel Le Caméléon is changing the scene” -- Travel + Leisure
- “This boutique hotel is attempting to stake out ground as the only true luxury option along Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast” -- Frommer’s
- “A sparkling pool, an on-site restaurant and a well-stocked bar and the chic La Sula Beach Lounge are perks” -- 10Best.com
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Extra person charge is $30 + tax per night.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.