The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel
Why We Love It
- Intimate atmosphere and close attention to detail -- great for families and couples
- One block from the Historic District and a few minutes' walk to King Street shopping and Museum Mile
- The concierge desk at this hotel is very well informed; use this asset to plan out each day or a special occasion
- There's a seasonal outdoor pool and rooms come with complimentary bottled water and Wi-Fi
"One of the most opulent choices in the area" -- Lonely Planet
99% (77 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Ranked one of the friendliest cities in the U.S. by readers of Conde Nast Traveler since 2013, Charleston is also a haven for food lovers and rated as one of America's best food cities by the Washington Post. The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel, built in 1853, is well positioned for guests who want to explore on foot, with a location on the corner of Queen Street and Meeting Street, steps from the main shopping stretch on King Street and minutes from Museum Mile.
The pink facade of the building is quintessential Charleston: bright but subtle with intricate details. Inside the hotel, the interiors are decked out in lavish chandeliers, glazed marble floors, antique-style furnishings and conversation-provoking artwork. Even with all the glamorous details, the hotel and its staff maintain a friendly and approachable attitude.
The aesthetically pleasing decor in the lobby flows into the guest rooms and beds are extremely comfortable. Rooms tend to be on the smaller side at 300 square feet, but they're no smaller than other comparable hotels. Complimentary water bottles are provided in guest rooms.
The courtyard and pool are unique to the hotel, so be sure to take advantage of them. The pool is seasonal but still makes a great place to sit and read in the winter.
Travelzoo Tip: Husk and 82 Queen are top-notch restaurants; they also happen to be across the street from the hotel.
- "A concierge desk so well regarded that locals call for neighborly assistance and advice" -- Fodor's
- "One of the best values for the area" -- Oyster.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children up to age 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 2. Extra beds available on request, free of charge.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The pool is open seasonally from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
A Valet Parking Fee of $32.00 (subject to tax), per day applies, includes unlimited in and out privileges and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(77 Member Reviews)