$64 – Eastbourne stay with cream tea & prosecco, 44% off
Listen to the waves crash on to the shore, stroll along the pier in the afternoon sunshine or take a crisp morning walk on the South Downs while staying at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel in Eastbourne. Overnight stays are now $64, saving up to 44% on the usual cost, and include:
- Accommodation in a Standard Double room, with full English breakfast and a 20cl bottle of prosecco to share, for two
- Cream tea (worth $10 per person; can be taken either day between 2:30-5pm)
- It's $74 to stay in a Standard Double room with sea views
- Two-night stays with daily breakfast and cream tea and prosecco once per stay start at $123
- Three-night stays with daily breakfast and cream tea and prosecco once per stay start at $182
- From 14-16 February, overnight stays are $107, including accommodation in a Standard Double room and a 5-course dinner; stay in a Standard Double room with sea views for $117
- Additional nights are available for the same price on a B&B basis
Why We Love It
- Best Western Lansdowne Hotel is less than 100 metres from Grand Parade Beach in Eastbourne
- This seaside retreat is less than 15 minutes' walk from the pier along the promenade and a 10-minute walk from the town centre
- You can take tea in one of several sea-facing lounges that boast original Victorian features
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel is less than 100 metres from Eastbourne's Grand Parade Beach, within 10 minutes' walk of the Congress Theatre, Devonshire Park Theatre and the Winter Garden, and less than 15 minutes' walk along the promenade from Eastbourne Pier.
The chalk cliffs of Beachy Head are a 10-minute drive away, while Battle Abbey, built on the site of the Battle of Hastings, is 35 minutes from the hotel, and Brighton is 45 minutes' drive. Picturesque villages Alfriston and Litlington are around 20 minutes' drive away and are good bases from which to walk a section of the South Downs Way. Keen ramblers could get a taxi and then follow the path on foot all the way back to Eastbourne.
The hotel has been run by the same family since 1912. Facilities include the Devonshire Restaurant, which serves British classics, the Regency Bar and a selection of sea-facing lounges with original Victorian features, where afternoon tea is served.
Bedrooms are "attractively decorated", according to The AA, and some Standard Double rooms have sea views. Dogs can stay in select rooms for an extra £10 per night (please request on booking). Wi-Fi is free.
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
There is no extra bed available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 inclusive of tax per pet per night. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
When You Can Go
2 Jan-31 Mar, 2019
(438 Member Ratings)
Getting TherePermits for street parking are available at reception for £1 per day (8am-6pm). The hotel also has 22 garages at the rear for a nightly charge (please request on booking). The A22 is around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel and Eastbourne railway station is less than 10 minutes' drive away.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(438 Member Ratings)