Garden Court Hotel
Why We Love It
- Prime location in downtown Palo Alto
- Complimentary amenities like Wi-Fi and an evening wine hour
- Guest rooms have balconies or patios with seating areas ideal for sipping morning coffee
- Unwind in a marble soaking tub at the end of a day spent sightseeing
"Talk about location -- this ... property is in the middle of Palo Alto's bustling downtown" -- SFGate
96% (23 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Find beauty and solitude at Garden Court Hotel in the heart of downtown Palo Alto. Plenty of restaurants and activities are within a 15-minute walk, but with the hotel's many comforts and complimentary amenities, trekking beyond the hotel might not be on a traveler’s priority list.
The property's exterior and the 62 open guest rooms give it a Mediterranean air. Soak in a marble tub, and then use complimentary Wi-Fi access before settling in for the night between Italian linens. French doors open to a balcony or patio where chairs invite you to settle with a newspaper and morning coffee.
Special touches include port and cookie service, as well as fresh fruit throughout the hotel's common areas. Il Fornaio, located below the hotel, provides the room service menu for the hotel, which includes pizzas and other Italian favorites made with ingredients imported from Italy. Breakfast and lunch are also served there.
If venturing out, a five-minute drive delivers you to the Stanford University campus and the nearby shopping center featuring Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, Burberry and other high-end retail outlets. Locals recommend making the 20-minute car drive to the trails of Windy Hill Open Space Preserve, rich with wildlife and mountain views.
- "Talk about location -- this independently owned property is in the middle of Palo Alto's bustling downtown. Though the building dates to 1986, a $9 million renovation completed in May (and overseen by Spanish interior designer Pablo Paniagua) breathed new life into the property" -- SFGate
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
Some rooms have a shower, others a bathtub.
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Complimentary parking for event attendance.
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Off-street parking
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children ages18 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for infants. Extra bed available on request for children and adults: $25 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (max weight is 120 lbs) and will be charged $50 per stay on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.