The Sylvia Hotel
Why We Love It
- Virginia creeper vines cover this charming heritage hotel steps from the English Bay seawall
- Close to nature and city, the perfect location to experience the best of Vancouver in old-fashioned comfort
- Enjoy a drink at Vancouver’s first cocktail bar or on the patio at the on-site restaurant
“Century-old hotel with a killer location right on English Bay" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Relish in the views of English Bay from this vine-covered hotel built in 1912. The charm and history of this hotel have inspired two children’s books; Mister Got to Go’s illustrations depict the iconic hotel and the cat who checked in and never left.
Stroll along the seawall seconds from the hotel, an ideal place to enjoy both the fresh air and city bustle of Vancouver. Stanley Park is a five-minute walk from the hotel making swimming, biking and kayaking easily accessible. Shopping on Robson Street and the Vancouver Art Gallery are a 20-minute walk away.
Eat on the patio or in the dining room, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a great view of the bay, or have a sip of something smooth at Vancouver’s first cocktail bar, which has been pouring since 1954.
The traditional rooms vary in size and shape but all have the basic necessities, and some suites have full kitchens. Long-term stays are an option, pets are welcome and Wi-Fi is free to all the guests of this landmark hotel.
- “This Virginia-creeper-covered 1912 building is popular because of its low rates and near-perfect location” -- Fodor’s
- “A century-old hotel with a killer location right on English Bay; its guest rooms are pretty basic, but the low rates are almost as amazing as those spectacular views” -- Frommer’s
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 8 and CAD 20 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: CAD 18.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: CAD 5.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 15.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.