Hotel Les Mars
Why We Love It
- Luxe chateau with more than 100 wineries within a 20-minute drive
- The on-site restaurant has its own three-acre garden, providing fresh ingredients daily
- Each room is appointed with a gas fireplace, and Wi-Fi is free
- Named to the Conde Nast Traveler Gold List
"Elegant enough for French nobility" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Opulence and elegance are the order of the day at Hotel Les Mars -- named to the Conde Nast Traveler Gold List in 2014. This 16-room, French-inspired chateau in the Russian River Valley showcases attention to detail, from the landscaping of the grounds and the hand-carved beds in the guest rooms to the centuries-old antiques throughout. Guests gather in the library in the evenings for a complimentary wine and cheese hour.
Settle in for dinner at Chalkboard where the chef sources local ingredients like asparagus and heirloom tomatoes to create seasonal dishes to tempt your palate. After a day of exploring the 1,477-acre Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards and Winery (a tour and tastings are free to hotel guests), head back to a room cozily appointed with a gas fireplace, Italian linens and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The hotel is located in Healdsburg, which Fodor’s named one of the 10 Best Small Towns in America (2013) and called “Napa and Sonoma's quieter wine country sister … contemporary cool with plenty of Norman Rockwell charm.” Taking just a four-minute stroll to downtown provides ample opportunities to stop at art galleries, boutique shops and bakeries.
- "This Relais & Châteaux property takes the prize for opulence with guest rooms spacious and elegant enough for French nobility" -- Fodor's
- “The Loire arrives in Sonoma County, in the form of a French chateau near the plaza” -- Sunset Magazine
- "Top-of-the-line staff and consultants—including chef Douglas Keane (formerly of San Francisco’s Restaurant Gary Danko), and Ann Getty’s interior designer" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children are welcome but extra beds are not available.
No pets allowed.
Fees: A nightly $30 service fee is charged in lieu of all cash gratuities for all of the staff. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
There is a two-night minimum stay required Fridays and Saturdays, April through October.
There is a three-night minimum stay required over holidays and special events. A two-night minimum may also apply on Fridays and Saturdays outside of the date range selected. Subject to availability. Chalk Hill Winery tours and tastings need to be scheduled
in advance. Please speak with the hotel prior to your stay to book tours and
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET