La Valencia Hotel
Why We Love It
- This updated 1926 hideaway exudes "Old Hollywood romance," says Lonely Planet
- Great scenic location in La Jolla Village & walking distance from La Jolla Cove beach
- One of Condé Nast Traveler's Top 25 Hotels in Southern California 2013
- Indoor heated pool & three on-site dining options with ocean views and live music
"It wins for Old Hollywood romance" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Described by Travel + Leisure as a "local institution," the pretty-in-pink La Valencia Hotel has been a hideaway in La Jolla for the Hollywood A-list since opening in 1926. Perched on a cliff above La Jolla Cove, the AAA 4-Diamond property is set among the shops and restaurants of the village and is one of the area's few hotels within walking distance of the beach. Oceanfront Scripps Park and a two-mile beach boardwalk are just next door for morning runs, and a mile of pristine beach awaits at La Jolla Shores, a five-minute drive away.
The hotel décor is reminiscent of the Mediterranean, with Spanish mosaics, peaceful courtyards and hand-painted murals. Days can be spent lounging by the heated outdoor pool, surrounded by old-fashioned wrought-iron loungers against a Pacific Ocean backdrop. The new fitness center is open 24 hours a day and golfers also have plenty of choices -- there are five golf courses within a 20-minute drive.
The hotel's newest addition, Café la Rue is inspired by the hotel’s 1940s Wing Howard murals of French country life and serves classic bistro food to match. People-watch over a coffee or feast on New American dishes such as wild salmon with Blue Lake beans on the seventh-floor terrace at the more formal THE MED restaurant. Adjacent is the cocktail bar La Sala, with panoramic cove views from the huge bay windows and live music (5-8 pm).
Admire ocean, village or tropical views from rooms and suites -- all of which have been updated. Standard rooms are tiny, and some face the road. Rooms in the 11-story Tower building are cozy and offer some of the best views; the Ocean Villas are especially impressive, with free non-alcoholic minibars. Some rooms also have extras such as a whirlpool tub, fireplace or private balcony, and the hotel can accommodate pets on request (deposit required).
- "Its 116 rooms are rather compact, but it wins for Old Hollywood romance" -- Lonely Planet
- "The personal attention provided by the staff, as well as the plush robes and grand bathrooms, guarantee a pleasurable stay" -- Fodor's
- "La Valencia is famous for its history and scenic location, but you won't be disappointed by the old-world standards of service and style" -- Frommer’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 30 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.