$162 & up – Cornwall: St Ives break w/meals & wine, 50% off
Why We Love This Deal
Carbis Bay Hotel has its own private Blue Flag beach, an award-winning spa and a great location -- less than two miles from St Ives. You can book an overnight stay there starting at $162 and save up to 50% on the usual price.
"The view over sand and sea is breathtaking" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2019
- Overnight accommodation in a Superior Room, with full Cornish breakfast, for two
- 3-course dinner in the 2-AA-Rosette Sands Restaurant (worth up to $59 per person; supplements apply for some dishes)
- A glass of wine each on arrival (worth $9 per person)
- A 10% discount on all pre-booked spa treatments
- It's $271 for 2-night stay and $380 for 3-night stay, with daily breakfast, a glass of wine each on arrival and 3-course dinner on the first night
- It's an extra $11 to stay in April and May
- Fridays are an extra $11 and Saturdays are an extra $22 per night
Why We Love This Hotel
- This boutique hotel overlooks its own Blue Flag beach
- The luxury spa has a Good Spa Guide 5-bubble rating, and the hotel holds a VisitEngland Silver Award
- There's a heated outdoor pool, a sauna and a champagne bar
- You can dine on fresh seafood caught by local fishing boats at the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant
Carbis Bay Hotel was built in 1894, and sits on a hillside above its own white-sand Blue Flag beach. The hotel was the inspiration for The Sands Hotel in the novels of Rosamunde Pilcher, and Virginia Woolf -- a former guest -- is said to have used Godrevy Lighthouse across the bay as her inspiration for To the Lighthouse.
St Ives -- a "pretty jumble of slate roofs, church towers and turquoise bays" (Lonely Planet), that is home to Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum -- is 20 minutes away by bus. You can also walk into town in about 30 minutes along the South West Coast Path, which runs past the hotel. St Michael's Mount and Penzance are within 25 minutes' drive.
Facilities within the "handsome 125-acre estate" (The Daily Telegraph) include the C Bay Spa, which has a 5-bubble rating from the Good Spa Guide, a heated outdoor pool, a hydrotherapy pool, a sauna pod and a Ruinart champagne bar. There is also an accredited watersports centre, where you can hire canoes and paddleboards for an extra cost.
The fine-dining Sands Restaurant serves seafood that arrives daily from fishing boats in St Ives, and you can sip a cocktail, cognac or champagne at the bar while watching the sun set over the sea. The Beach Club Restaurant and The Conservatory both serve lighter bites in a more casual environment. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(513 Member Ratings)