Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond Art Deco hotel – set in a former Minneapolis bank
- One block to the Light Rail Transit (for the Mall of America and the airport)
- Heated indoor lap pool and Westin’s “Heavenly” beds
- A 15-minute walk to the Convention Center
"[The] location is deal" -- U.S. News
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A polished art deco gem, the Westin Minneapolis occupies the former Farmers & Mechanics Bank in Minneapolis’ downtown business district. It was transformed into a hotel in 2007 and has received the AAA 4-Diamond award every year since.
Many of the original details have been retained and are on display at the stunning B.A.N.K. restaurant and bar with soaring 34-foot ceilings, a wine cellar behind the bars of the vault and the coveted bank teller counter seats where you can watch the chefs prepare your meal.
Upstairs, minimalist rooms are comfortable with Westin’s signature “Heavenly” beds, thick robes and walk-in showers in the bathrooms. Corner rooms offer more space, while studios have adjoining sitting rooms.
On those chilly Minnesota mornings, move your daily jog indoors to the hotel’s well-equipped gym. You can even rent clothes and running shoes if you forgot yours at home. Or swim laps in the heated indoor pool. For younger visitors, the Westin runs a kids club with movie nights and storytelling events, and children are welcomed with a goodie bag upon check-in.
The hotel sits a block from the Light Rail Transit stop -- for easy transfers to the airport in 25 minutes and the Mall of America in 35 minutes -- and next to an entrance to the Skyway, whose eight miles of indoor walkways cover the downtown area.
- “Minneapolis's historic Farmers & Mechanics Bank was transformed into this luxurious hotel without losing the original woodwork, marble staircase, and light fixtures in the bank lobby” -- Fodor’s
- “Recent visitors say that The Westin Minneapolis' downtown location is ideal, especially since the hotel is directly connected to the city's indoor skywalk” – U.S. News
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request, free of charge for infants. Extra bed available on request: $20 per night for children and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Small dogs up to 25 pound only. There is a $200 refundable pet fee that is refundable after check-out (as long as there were no noise complaints and/or damage done).
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.