Grand Hotel Bohemia
Why We Love It
- A block from the Powder Tower & 10 minutes from Wenceslas Square
- Art Nouveau hotel with a spectacular 1920s ballroom
- The buffet breakfast includes Bohemian sparkling wine
- Free Wi-Fi & efficient staff make it popular with business travellers
"Understated, Austrian-run Art Deco masterpiece" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewSet in Prague's Old Town, the Art Nouveau Grand Hotel Bohemia Prague is a popular base for sightseeing. The location is hard to top -- the distinctive Powder Tower (one of the original city gates) is nearby, and Wenceslas Square and the city's Jewish Quarter are 10 minutes on foot. Charles Bridge can be reached in 15 minutes on foot, and it’s a 30-minute stroll up to Prague Castle. The hotel isn’t just a sightseeing hub, it's also a favourite with business travellers due to its efficient staff and free Wi-Fi.
Built in the 1920s, the property has an interesting history and was used as a residence for high-ranking officials during the Communist era. Be sure to take a peek at the spectacular 1920s underground ballroom, which still boasts its original parquet flooring and crystal chandelier.
Breakfast is bountiful and varied. Made-to-order coffee and à la carte options are available at no extra charge, as is Bohemian sparkling wine. The on-site Franz Josef Restaurant specialises in traditional Czech fare -- expect dishes such as fillet of perch in crispy bacon and crispy duck legs on caraway seeds with homemade dumplings and red cabbage. The Café Bar serves light snacks and cocktails.
Spacious rooms have smart dark-wood furniture combined with cream upholstery and patterned carpets. Some overlook the central courtyard, but most face the street (the quiet neighbourhood means there is little noise). A few also have little terraces overlooking the city's sights -- the higher the floor, the better the view. In the upgraded rooms you also get thoughtful extras, such as free metro cards, fresh fruit and water.
- "The clean and comfortable property has a warm, muted look" -- Fodor's
- "It's an understated, Austrian-run Art Deco masterpiece that goes quietly about its task of providing top-notch service with Habsburg-like stateliness" -- Time Out
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Czech Republic. This property is rated 5 star Superior and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.
Know Before You Go
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 15 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 35 per vehicle (one-way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 30 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 15 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 55 per night
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 0.60 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.