Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond hotel named Best Hotels of 2015 (U.S. News & World Report)
- Complimentary coffee and tea service in the morning and a hosted wine hour in the evening
- Includes access to the on-site Life Time Athletic Club, along with in-room yoga mats and free bicycle rentals
- Pets stay free; dog-sitting and walking services are available; Kimpton Karma Rewards members receive free Wi-Fi
Minnesota's only "World's Best"-Ranked Hotel -- Travel + Leisure
99% (78 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Grand Hotel Minneapolis has been "setting the standard for luxury" in town since its grand opening in 2000 (Travel + Leisure), and is the only hotel in Minnesota to earn inclusion to the magazine's "World's Best" list in 2015. Originally built as the Minneapolis Athletic Club, the 1912 building has been modernized with bursts of color and wild patterns popping up among the traditional dark woods and crown molding.
At check-in, guests are greeted by a large lion statue in the hotel’s lobby while chandeliers sparkle from the ceiling above the reception desk. Rooms are elaborately decorated with thick velvet drapes, wood furniture and oversized marble bathrooms. Quirky accents like deer-head silhouette pillows and textured wallpaper add a playful twist to the otherwise classic interior. Luxe amenities include plush bathrobes, Atelier Bloem bath products and Egyptian cotton linens.
As this is a Kimpton hotel, guests receive perks like yoga mats in every room and free bikes are available from the concierge. Guests also have access to the on-site Life Time Athletic Club’s full basketball court, indoor track, eucalyptus steam room, and lap pool. After working up an appetite at the gym, enjoy cocktails and shared plates of local cuisine at the lobby lounge, the SIX15 Room or head to Rare Steak & Sushi. Like all Kimpton properties, the hotel is pet-friendly with no breed or size limitations.
Located in the heart of downtown in America’s second-densest theater district near the Guthrie and Orpheum theaters, the hotel is also a half-mile from Viking Stadium and is connected to the Minneapolis Skyway, a seven-mile enclosed, elevated walkway system which makes navigating winter in Minnesota possible (and actually even comfortable).
- "Setting the standard for luxury in Minneapolis since it opened in 2000; its tastefully appointed rooms exude elegance" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Class and comfort have a permanent home at the Grand Hotel Minneapolis" -- US News & World Report
- "This 1912 building, the former Minneapolis Athletic Club, is like a private gentleman's club, quiet and discreet" -- Gayot
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 2. Extra bed available on request: $25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets are allowed on request, free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee (with 24/7 in and out privileges) of $41.00 (subject to tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
A WIFI Fee of $12.99 (subject to tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(78 Member Reviews)