Rose Garden Palace
Why We Love It
- Good-value, intimate townhouse hotel, five minutes' walk from the Via Veneto
- The small spa offers treatments and has an over-sized Jacuzzi tub, sauna and gym
- There's a small restaurant offering homemade Italian fare and al fresco dining in the rose garden
- Bottled water and Wi-Fi access are complimentary in every room
"Offering smiles and refined rooms" -- Lonely Planet
Rooms & Rates
The Rose Garden Palace is "an elegant four-star hotel offering smiles and refined rooms", says Lonely Planet. Occupying a stately townhouse, this intimate hotel is a good-value option in notoriously expensive Rome, with a pretty pale-pink façade and plenty of charm.
The location is quiet, set opposite the US Embassy to the south of the Borghese Gardens, yet very convenient. It's a couple of blocks from the Barberini metro station and just five minutes on foot from the restaurants on the Via Veneto. Rome's highlights -- including the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and the boutiques on the Via Condotti -- are all within a 15-minute walk.
It's a small hotel, so in-house facilities are a little limited, but a good breakfast is served from 7-11am (including hot and cold options), and there's a lounge bar for cocktails and coffee. In the evening, the restaurant serves traditional Italian cuisine -- think handmade pasta, pizza mingled with heartier suckling pig and beef fillet. Meals can be taken out in the hotel's rose garden or in the conservatory dining room.
Don't miss the elegant subterranean spa. It's small but is equipped with an over-sized Jacuzzi tub and sauna -- perfect after a day of sightseeing. Massages are available (on request -- extra charges apply), and there's also a small fitness room equipped with exercise machines.
Traditional rooms mix classic architecture with contemporary Italian furniture. All have parquet floors and marble bathrooms with bathtubs, and romantic drapes are paired with black-out blinds to ensure a peaceful night's sleep. Many also have pretty Juliet balconies overlooking the embassy opposite. Corner rooms are especially spacious and have a cosy sitting area. Free Wi-Fi access, bottled water and air conditioning are also provided.
- "Housed in an impressive white townhouse just off Via Vittorio Veneto, the Rose Garden Palace is an elegant four-star hotel offering smiles and refined rooms" -- Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 15 for adults and EUR 15 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 45 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 6 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET