The Pfister Hotel
Why We Love It
- Has held its AAA 4-Diamond ranking for decades
- This opulent Gilded Age property dates back to the late 1800's
- Has hosted every American president since McKinley
- The 23rd-floor indoor pool has Lake Michigan views
"Milwaukee's grandest old hotel" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Milwaukeeans know The Pfister as the name for old-world elegance and luxury since its opening day in 1893. Since then, the hotel has hosted presidents and dignitaries, and has held its AAA 4-Diamond designation since the ratings were first published in 1977. Seasoned travelers will recognize the opulent style of the hotel's soaring lobby as similar to equally historic properties -- Chicago's Palmer House or Louisville's Brown Hotel.
Rooms feature polished wood furnishings and pillowtop beds with Egyptian cotton sheets; Tower rooms feature lake and city views; Club-level rooms also include access to the 23rd-floor private lounge. Suites are located in the historic section of the building and include sitting rooms and wet bars.
The hotel has multiple dining options, including the Cafe at the Pfister for sandwiches, salads and Starbucks coffee (along with free Wi-Fi) and the Mason Street Grill serving steakhouse fare. For drinks, head to Blu, serving cocktails on the 23rd floor with panoramic views of downtown Milwaukee -- it regularly wins "best view in town" honors (even the ladies rooms reportedly have great western-facing views).
The hotel also features the top-ranked Well Spa, named one of the best destination spas in Wisconsin by Milwaukee Magazine, who report that it "simply oozes luxury." Guests are within walking distance of the Pabst Theater, the Bradley Center, the bars and restaurants of Old World Third and Water Streets as well as the famous Milwaukee Art Museum.
- "Historic Grand Dame [with] Gilded Age glamour" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Pampering guests since 1893, this restored lodging has an opulent Victorian feel" -- Midwest Living
- Newspaper / magazines
- Indoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 17 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 50 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 20 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.