Hotel Phillips Kansas City
Why We Love It
- An character-filled Art Deco property just a block from the Power & Light district, featuring modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and lots of local art on the walls
- A nightly wine and cheese reception is free for guests
- Local musicians often give free live shows on site
- This hotel is home to rotating artists-in-residence
100% (8 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
The Hotel Phillips is a lovely Art Deco boutique centrally located in downtown Kansas City, just a block from the Power & Light district. With a special focus on the arts, this hotel hosts a rotating artist-in-residence, welcomes local musicians to play live shows and features local art on the walls.
Rooms are uber stylish but in need of some updating -- beds could be more comfortable, and some guests have complained about cleanliness. Free Wi-Fi is great though, and so is the free wine and cheese reception every evening.
There is a restaurant on site, as well as a bar that features a lively happy hour and a fitness center. A steep price for valet parking is irritating, though the location is so stellar many guests won't necessarily require a car.
- "Right next to Kansas City’s happening Power & Light district, the historic Hotel Phillips is an upscale property dating back to 1931 that features opulent interiors full of original Art Deco glamour" -- Oyster.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Up to two children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request. Charges may apply and will be added to your bill.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.