$139 – Visit San Francisco: Weekends at New Hotel, 45% Off
Why We Love This Deal
Weekends are 45% off all the way through summer at this newly opened hotel that's within walking distance of the Theater District, Union Square and Nob Hill. This Beat Generation-inspired hotel is also waiving the daily amenity fee (reg. $30) for Travelzoo members.
- $139 per night ... Thursday-Sunday through August
- Accommodations in an Emblem Queen room
- Upgraded rooms are +$10-$20 per night
- Waived daily amenity fee (reg. $30 plus tax), which covers Wi-Fi, in-room Nespresso service, welcome refreshments and daily snacks, use of hotel bicycles, access to Active Sports Club San Francisco, 2 p.m. late checkout and more
Travelzoo Tip: Looking for things to do while you're in SF? See our collection of deals.
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests; additional guests can stay in upgraded rooms at higher rates
- Children 17 and under stay free when using existing bedding
- Flexible cancellation; book now and cancel later if necessary
- Valet parking only ($58 plus tax per night)
- Pet friendly; fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Viceroy-owned hotel (opened January 2019) near Union Square and the Theater District
- A stylish hotel with references to the Beat Generation throughout
- Handcrafted cocktails, local draft beers and artisanal coffee are available on site
- The "Underground Concierge" curates and recommends several uniquely San Francisco walking tours
Hotel Emblem, a Viceroy property opened in January 2019, is an homage to San Francisco's influence on one of the country's most culturally vibrant movements -- the Beat Generation. A writer's alcove with a vintage typewriter in the lobby, Kerouac-inspired cocktails and mid-century modern decor set the tone for this throwback hotel.
Obscenity Bar & Lounge, the scene for live jazz and poetry slams, serves up handcrafted cocktails and local beers, while the Bluestone Lane Coffee Shop brews artisanal espresso drinks. Literary buffs will get a kick out of the Book Butler, which offers a collection of Beat Generation literature curated by the legendary City Lights Bookstore. For those interested in exploring the city, check out one of the self-guided tours recommended by the Underground Concierge. Options include a tour of the favorite hangout spots of noted beatniks and a guide to the city's most famous stairways and public art.
Rooms are on the small side (largely due to the building’s original structure) but maintain a cool elegance with sage green walls and velvet furnishings. Despite the hotel's historic pretensions, fittings are surprisingly up-to-date with flat-screen TVs, bedside and desk electrical and USB charging ports, Nespresso coffeemakers and plush pillowtop beds with Italian cotton linens.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18
Minimum age required to check in: 18
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per stay for older children and adults.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $35 plus tax per pet per night.
A resort/facility fee of $25 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The Amenity Fee includes:
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
**This fee is waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal**
The Amenity Fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: A Parking Fee of $58 per night plus tax applies (with in and out privileges) and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This fee is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the hotel.
$139 / night
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.