Why We Love It
- This AAA 4 Diamond hotel is known for having great service
- Prime location in the ritzy Gold Coast neighborhood just off Rush Street
- Signature restaurant concept from James Beard Award-winning chef
- Easy to get around town -- walk or take a short cab to high-end shops, restaurants and sights
"#4 of 178 Chicago hotels" -- TripAdvisor
100% (18 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Completely rebranded, the hip Thompson Chicago arrived on the Chicago hotel scene to much anticipation. Also creating a buzz was the hotel’s signature restaurant concept -- Nico Osteria, which was crafted by Paul Kahan’s group (past winners of the prestigious James Beard Award). Kahan and his team are responsible for some of the city’s most innovative fine-dining establishments, including Blackbird, avec and The Publican.
The Thompson’s 22 stories rise above one of Chicago’s most exclusive residential neighborhoods, perfectly situated to take advantage of the city’s high-end shopping and restaurants. Oak Street luxury boutiques, popular restaurants (Chicago steakhouse institution Gibson’s) and Rush Street nightlife are all within several blocks. It is a little further north than most hotels; if you plan to spend a lot of time in the Loop this probably isn't the spot for you.
The Thompson's rooms feature a modern, Art Deco-inspired feel with artwork commissioned specifically for the hotel and details like plush velvet built-in banquettes. Most rooms offer city views, with some claiming views of Lake Michigan, and the loft-style corner suites affording the best vistas.
High-end amenities include minibars stocked with locally-sourced snacks, and upscale spa bath products. There is a 1,000-square-foot fitness center open 24 hours, and free Wi-Fi is available in all of the rooms for the first 1.5mb (enough for web browsing and email).
- "Four things really stand out: the superlative service, the location (in the heart of the Gold Coast), the rooms (with their jewel-toned furniture, enormous windows, especially huge showers, and REN products), and, most of all, the restaurant" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "The 'it' place in Chicago" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary chauffeur service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Infant's cot/crib (Pack 'n Play) available on request, free of charge. Extra bed available on request and in the Corner King rooms only: $40 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request, free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.