$89 & up – Chicago: Chic River North Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% Off
Start planning your Windy City vacation now -- the James is one of the Best Hotels in Chicago (Conde Nast Traveler), and we've negotiated discounted rates all the way through late summer.
- $89 per night ... most dates through Feb. 28
- $119-$149 … most dates March-April
- $169-$199 … most dates July 1 - Sept. 4
- Members receive a free upgrade to a larger Deluxe Room on a higher floor for better city views
- Members who book a suite stay also receive free continental breakfast for two
"One of Chicago's top luxury hotels" -- Oyster.com
Why We Love It
- Art-filled boutique hotel one block from Magnificent Mile shopping
- Guest rooms feature 48-inch smart TVs, free Wi-Fi and welcome amenities for kids
- Lounge by the fireplace in the newly renovated lobby
- Chicago's only hotel with the KEYPR concierge tablet system in every room -- arrange a wake-up call, order ice or request extra towels just by tapping the touch-screen
With a mid-century modern vibe full of fun amenities and high-tech perks, The James is as cool as it looks and certainly earns its spot on Conde Nast Traveler's list of the Best Hotels in Chicago. Despite being super chic, the hotel is also surprisingly family-friendly -- kids are supplied with a welcome kit and milk and cookies at turndown.
Guest rooms are bright, surprisingly spacious and a minimalist’s dream, decorated in white and wood-grain accents. Many rooms also have dining nooks with a sofa and a table; clever room layouts ensure bathrooms are spacious. Rooms also include electric kettles with Starbucks Via coffee as well as pantries featuring snacks and a variety of drink options.
The James Kitchen + Bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily along with craft beers and cocktails. The hotel has an expansive 24-hour fitness center and a full-service spa; there's also a car service that can take you around the Loop and River North, and pets are welcome (though an extra charge does apply).
- "The surroundings are gorgeous ... suites feel straight out of a design magazine photo shoot" -- Frommer's
- "This trendy boutique hotel has a prime location and comfortable, contemporary rooms" -- Fodor’s
- "[This] sleek downtown hotel-residence attracts style-conscious travelers with its emphasis on extras" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Pack 'n Play available on request (and based on availability), free of charge for one child age 18 months and under.
Extra bed available on request (and based on availability), for one child or one adult.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $75.00 (subject to tax) per stay (non-refundable). Charges will be applied by hotel.
A Hotel Facilities Fee of $17.55 (including tax) per day applies and be added to your bill at the hotel.
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $65.00 (subject to tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. In and out privileges included. Oversize vehicles not allowed. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Up to 40% off
$89 / night
When You Can Go
Through Feb. 28; add'l discounts through Sept. 4
Getting ThereIt’s 30 minutes by taxi from Chicago O’Hare International Airport to the hotel. A taxi is approximately $40-$45. Valet parking is available for those arriving by car (extra charge applies).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(169 Member Ratings)