The James Chicago
Why We Love It
- Art-filled boutique hotel one block from Magnificent Mile shopping
- Sample Himalayan salt-aged beef at Primehouse or hole up at Jimmy, the sleek cocktail lounge
- There are free bikes to borrow and a local car service to the Loop
- The John Hancock Observatory and Museum of Contemporary Art are 10 minutes away on foot
"Marries a residential vibe to a hotel setting" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
With two art galleries, iconic designer furniture and high-tech amenities, The James is as cool as it looks -- and they’ll even lend you state-of-the-art headphones or speakers for free during your stay. Despite being super chic, the hotel is also surprisingly family friendly -- kids are supplied with a welcome kit and milk and cookies at turndown.
Set on Chicago’s Rush Street (described by Fodor’s as "the city's nightlife center"), the hotel is made for night owls. It’s sandwiched between River North and Streeterville and just a block from the shops on the Magnificent Mile. The hotel has free bikes to borrow for adults and kids (warmer months only), and the Grand Red Line subway station is four blocks away for easy access to The Loop. The hotel also has a courtesy car service to the business district (on request).
Back at the hotel, Primehouse is a modern steakhouse by celebrity chef David Burke. All the beef is dry-aged in the on-site Himalayan salt-tiled aging room. Don’t miss Jimmy, the hotel’s glamorous cocktail spot, for artisan mixes and retro drinks. The hotel also has a 24-hour fitness center and a spa. There’s no pool in the building, but guests can use the one at the hotel across the street for free.
Rooms are a minimalist’s dream, and clever room layouts ensure bathrooms are large. The views aren’t that impressive, but many rooms also have cozy dining nooks with a sofa and a table. Upgrade to an apartment for your own wet bar and full-size spirits. Wi-Fi access is free and pets are welcome (extra charge applies).
- "A boutique hotel of the sleek, minimalist variety, the James is aimed at sophisticated travelers who prefer luxury with a contemporary spin" -- Frommer’s
- "Sleek and contemporary, this boutique hotel has a prime location on Rush Street, the city's nightlife center" -- Fodor’s
- "The James marries a residential vibe to a hotel setting" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 2pm.
Children and additional guests:
Pack n Play available on request, free of charge for children ages 18 months and under.
Extra bed available on request for children ages 5 and under. Extra bed available on request and in all rooms excluding standard rooms: $30 per night for adults.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.