Hotel Das Tyrol
Why We Love It
- Intimate boutique hotel is furnished with original art & feels like a home-away-from-home
- Excellent location on the corner of the MuseumsQuartier, five minutes' walk from the U-Bahn
- There's free Wi-Fi and an in-house spa, with complimentary use of the sauna & steam room
- The breakfast buffet includes prosecco & eggs cooked to order
"Friendly [and] fairly priced" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Overview"Among the top design hotels in the city", according to Lonely Planet, Small Luxury Hotel Das Tyrol hides a bounty of treasures behind an unassuming entrance. It is set just off the busy Mariahilferstrasse, but inside the boutique hotel feels serene. The owner still lives on site, and her personal style is evident throughout -- original modern art adorns the walls and sculptures crop up everywhere.
This all makes for a home-like hideaway, but the hotel's real highlight is its location. Set right in the center of Vienna on the corner of the MuseumsQuartier, it's the perfect base for sightseeing and shopping. There are almost too many museums here to choose between, but be sure to make time for the Kunsthistorisches Museum, housing one of the world’s best art collections, and Schiele's artwork at the Leopold Museum. The open-air Naschmarkt (7am-6:30pm, Monday-Saturday), five minutes' walk away, is also worth a visit (go early, it gets busy). The hotel’s U-Bahn, Museumsquartier is a 2-minute walk.
The other bonus is the hotel's luxurious private spa on the ground floor, where you'll find a tropical fish tanks under a 'starlit' sky alongside a steam room, sauna and light-therapy shower. Guests can book it for an hour at a time and it's free to use the steam room and sauna. The hotel also serves a decent buffet breakfast (6:30-10am) with cold cuts, yogurt, Danish pastries and prosecco on ice; eggs and omelettes are cooked to order.
Rooms are sunny and welcoming, but can differ quite a bit in shape (it's an old building), and the most basic are quite small. However, all have plenty of closet space and Nespresso coffee machines, air conditioning and shaver sockets for US plugs in the bathrooms. Upgrade to a Studio for more space -- some have a balcony overlooking the street. The nightly turndown service brings chocolates, and guests can request a smoking or non-smoking room.
- "It's friendly, fairly priced, and lies within a 5-minute walk of one of the densest concentrations of museums in Europe" -- Frommer's
- "Blending the old with the new, Austrian contemporary art work adorns the pleasing rooms, with fabrics and tony furniture from posh Viennese stores like Backhausen, Thonet, and Wittmann" -- Fodor's
- "Try for one of the corner rooms, which enjoy a small balcony overlooking busy Mariahilfer Strasse" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Austria. This property is rated 4 stars.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 16 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 37 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: EUR 169
- Late check-out fee: EUR 169
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.