The Gainsborough Bath Spa
Why We Love It
- This brand-new 5-star city-centre hotel is a Leading Hotel of the World
- Don’t miss a trip to the stunning spa: it’s the only hotel in the country with access to Bath’s natural thermal waters
- Sample innovative fine-dining dishes from the Dining Without Borders menu
- The Telegraph scores it 9/10, calling it a “stunningly imagined addition to the city”
"Offers Georgian charm, exquisite spa & comfortable beds" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Dating back to the 1800s, The Gainsborough Bath Spa is spread over two Grade II-listed buildings at the centre of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the heart of the hotel is the luxurious Spa Village Bath, which taps into the natural thermal, mineral-rich waters.
The city of Bath is a tourist’s paradise, with a wealth of museums and attractions including the Roman Baths, Thermae Bath Spa and Bath Abbey just a short stroll away. Nearby attractions include the Royal Crescent, The Holburne Museum, the Victoria Art Gallery and the Jane Austen Centre.
Back at the hotel, Michelin-starred chef Johann Lafer heads the kitchen. His Dining Without Borders menu uses locally sourced produce to create dishes such as slow cooked honey-soy pork belly with mango and sesame cream, or roasted sea bass with macadamia nut gnocchi. Enjoy a pre or post-dinner drink in the chic Gainsborough Bar with its extensive cocktail menu, or sink into leather seats in The Canvas Room for a quintessential afternoon tea.
The sumptuous spa facilities include two natural thermal pools, traditional and infrared saunas, a steam room, an ice alcove and relaxation areas. There is also an extensive menu of spa treatments and a 24-hour gym. Guests can access the Spa Village for free from 7-9am and 8-10pm each day.
Accommodation is suitably luxurious -- you’ll find iPod docking stations, flat screen HD televisions, Roberts radios, complimentary WiFi, a free minibar, Nespresso machines, heated bathroom floors, blackout blinds, luxurious bedding and generous wardrobes.
- “A Bath hotel offering Georgian charm, exquisite spa, comfortable beds, great food and an eclectic wine list, near Bath’s Theatre Royal and Roman Baths” -- The Daily Telegraph
- “It sounds kitsch but there can be few more genuinely historic places to swim” --The Financial Times
- “Dishes are executed exceptionally well” -- Olive Magazine
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 30.00 for adults and GBP 15.00 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 38.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.