Macdonald Bath Spa
Why We Love It
- Country-house comfort and elegance, just a short walk from the city centre
- Stunning Georgian mansion with peaceful landscaped gardens
- Luxurious 5-star hotel with a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant in former ballroom
- Highly rated spa with an indoor pool, a thermal suite & a wide range of treatments
"Excellent spa, palatial surroundings & grand restaurant" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Georgian columns, landscaped gardens, a restaurant in a former ballroom – if you’re looking for your inner Jane Austen, Macdonald Bath Spa is a great place to start.
Just 15 minutes’ walk from the city centre, the hotel is within easy reach of Bath's best-known attractions. The city’s restorative spring waters have drawn visitors since AD60, when the Romans constructed a temple and baths. The complex was reconstructed in the late 18th century and is open seven days a week. The famous Georgian terrace, the Royal Crescent, is 25 minutes' walk, and museums, including the Jane Austen Centre and the Holburne Museum, are all within 20 minutes' walk.
The Roman Baths may be a must-see, but you’ll find a less pungent spa experience at your hotel, with a range of Elemis treatments (supplements apply -- it’s a good idea to book treatments in advance). There is also a heated indoor pool, gym, hydrotherapy pool, whirlpool and thermal suite. The two AA-Rosette Vellore Restaurant is in a former ballroom, complete with columns and floor-to-ceiling windows. There is also a drawing room for afternoon tea (at a supplement) and there are two bars.
All Classic Rooms (Double, Twin, Four-Poster or Club) have ensuite marble bathrooms, Nespresso machines and free Wi-Fi. Executive Rooms have garden views; Feature Rooms, in the hotel's original Georgian Wing, have views over the city. There is also an Executive Suite and a Penthouse Suite, both in the private Imperial Suites wing of the hotel and accessed via courtyard gardens.
From the Press:
- "Bath hotel offering an excellent spa, palatial surroundings and grand restaurant" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "A delightful Georgian mansion set amidst seven acres of pretty landscaped grounds… A timeless elegance pervades the gracious public areas and bedrooms" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2015
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3.30pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 21.50 for adults and GBP 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 5 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 15 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.