Why We Love It
- It’s a sleek, modern boutique hotel set in a former 19th century townhouse
- The hotel's restaurant has rave reviews & an interesting menu blending seafood & Asian influences
- It has a private island, an underground spa & a swimming pool carved out of rock
- Various sources laud this as one of Marseille's top hotels, including Condé Nast Traveller
"Rave reviews" -- The Guardian
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Located in Marseilles, described by W Magazine as "brimming with cutting-edge architecture and art", the C2 Hotel recently made its way onto Condé Nast Traveller's 2015 Hotlist.
The hotel is in a 19th century townhouse on Cours Pierre-Puget in the heart of the city, a 6-minute walk from the nearest metro station (Estrangin Préfecture). The city’s old port, Vieux Port, is four blocks away.
The hotel’s name C2 derives from the designer-turned-hotelier duo, Claire Fatosme and Christian Lefevre. Several sources (including The Guardian and Wallpaper) they have managed to retain the building’s original features and successfully introduced Modernist touches like furniture by Le Corbusier and Frank Lloyd Wright.
AM par Alexandre Mazzia, the hotel's restaurant, is praised by Michelin.com for its "creative and inspired" blends of seafood and Asian influences. There’s also a hip bar and an underground spa with a terrace, as well as a spa with an indoor pool, steam room, relaxation room and a range of treatments.
C2 Hotel has 20 spacious rooms, an underground Filorga spa and a heated indoor pool, carved out of rock. Frommer's says the hotel's "pièce de résistance" is its private white-granite island, Ile Degaby, with its mini-fort, sun beds and sandy beach. (A shuttle boat operates in summer).
Try to nab one of the two balcony rooms, with impressive views of Notre-Dame de la Gard -- an impressive Catholic basilica perched on a mountain overlooking the city.
- "The big bedrooms are a restful combination of grey and white, with exposed brick walls and thick carpets printed with an aerial map of Marseille" – Condé Nast Traveller
- "A onetime generational family home with a long and varied history, the building is blessed with a sweeping staircase, grand floor-to-ceiling windows and original frescoes" – Wallpaper
- "Critics have given rave reviews to the tiny, 22-cover AM restaurant, owned by chef Alexandre Mazzia" -- The Guardian
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
This hotel has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between EUR 27 and EUR 32 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 30 per day
- Valet parking fee: EUR 30 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 35 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
- Resort fee: EUR 3 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.