Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom
Why We Love It
- It's a 13-minute walk from Vienna's historic district, the Graben, which is near the MuseumsQuartier
- The restaurant and bar have breathtaking views over Vienna
- Slick rooms have a monochrome design, free Wi-Fi & complimentary soft drinks in the mini bars
- There’s a stylish spa with a Jacuzzi & a Hamman, plus a gym
"Minimalist luxury, pulled off with supreme elegance" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Alternatively you can take the City Airport Train which connects Vienna International Airport with the city centre. A one-way ticket is 11€ (17€ for a return journey). The train takes approximately 16 minutes.
Rooms & Rates
This 5-star property overlooks the Danube Canal. Vienna's historic district, the Graben -- which is known for its shops -- is a 13-minute walk away. Wiener Staatsoper (the opera) and the MuseumsQuartier are a short stroll from here. The hotel's restaurant, Das Loft, has 360-degree views over Vienna, "a city where postmodernist and contemporary architectural designs contrast and fuse with the monumental and historic", according to Lonely Planet. This restaurant is described as "the hotel's best feature" by The New York Times, while Fodor's says that the views from there are "especially breathtaking". Guests are advised to make reservations well in advance.
Das Loft Bar & Lounge, a modernist-style bar with a striking ceiling designed by Swiss artist Rist, also has spectacular city views, as well as an impressive list of French and Austrian wines, cocktails, spirits and liqueurs. There’s an on-site coffee shop, too.
The Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom has a gym and a stylish spa with a Jacuzzi and a Hamman, plus treatments for a surcharge.
This 182-room hotel was designed by renowned French architect Jean Nouvel, who gave the contemporary rooms and suites a sleek, monochrome look. All feature free Wi-Fi, Nespresso machines and complimentary soft drinks in the mini bars.
From the Press:
- "Minimalist luxury can be a contradiction, but at the Sofitel it's pulled off with supreme elegance" -- Fodor's
- "A sleek, skyscraping hotel with a view of old Vienna (the First District) and hip Vienna (the Second)" -- The New York Times
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 36 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 24 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: EUR 24 per stay (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 55 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.