Why We Love It
- 5-star B&B accommodation on a 22-acre family-run vineyard in the Vale of Glamorgan
- It's a 20-minute drive from Cardiff & near the Wales Coast Path walking trail
- You can sample its award-winning estate wines & AA-Rosette-Awarded cuisine
- There are self-guided tours of the vineyards, where you can also purchase wines
"About as close as Wales comes to California's Napa valley"
-- The Guardian
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Llanerch Vineyard is a family-run business, hosting 5-star bed-and-breakfast stays on an "impressive" 22-acre estate (The Guardian) in the scenic Vale of Glamorgan. As well as offering accommodation, it is home to a working vineyard, where guests can take self-guided tours of the vineyard, and sample and purchase the estate’s multiple national and international award-winnng Cariad wines. There's also an on-site cookery school run by TV chef Angela Gray.
The property is hidden in the peaceful Ely Valley, which is only a 20-minute drive from Cardiff and its attractions, which include Cardiff Castle, the National Museum Cardiff and the Millennium Stadium. It also makes an excellent base for walkers -- you can join 870 miles of Wales Coast Path at Barry, a 25-minute drive from the vineyard. Transport links to the rest of Wales and the United Kingdom are excellent -- Junction 34 of the M4 is a 4-minute drive from the estate.
With views overlooking the vineyard, the Cariad Restaurant holds an AA Rosette for its home-cooked menu, with dishes such as pulled duck with charcoal crackers or glazed pineapple seasoned with thyme and cinnamon. A sumptuous afternoon tea, featuring delicacies like lavender Welsh cake and wine-infused jelly, is available in the restaurant from 12-4pm on Monday-Friday (book in advance). The restaurant also serves a traditional Sunday lunch from 12-4pm. There’s a bistro in the farmhouse, too, which offers an all-day informal dining menu including sandwiches, salads, curries and burgers.
The hotel has 10 rooms in total – two luxury suites in the main 19th-century farmhouse and seven studios next door, two of which also have living rooms with sofa beds that can be interlinked. There is also a courtyard apartment on the second floor, adjacent to the main farmhouse, with a dining area, bedroom, sofa bed and kitchenette – ideal for longer stays. All room types are comfortable and brightly decorated, and come with complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi. The two suites in the main farmhouse are highly recommended by Welsh Rarebits for being "comfy, classy and über-chic".
- “Now here’s a thing. Not only a working vineyard 10 miles from Cardiff, but also one with luxury rooms” -- Frommer’s England and the Best of Wales
- “Delightfully set on a working Welsh vineyard with views over the vines to the countryside beyond” -- The AA
- “Luxury farmhouse accommodation. Super studios. A cookery school. Bar and café/bistro. Nature trail. Oh, and did we mention wine? All within pip-spitting distance of Cardiff” -- Welsh Rarebits
- 100% smoke-free
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am National Rating
This property has received its official star rating from Visit Wales.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.