The James Hotel New York
Why We Love It
- A luxurious urban resort-like setting in a chic corner of SoHo
- The expansive outdoor garden features local artwork and specialty cocktails
- On-site eats crafted by celeb chef David Burke
- 360 degree skyline views from Jimmy, the hotel’s rooftop lounge and pool (pool is seasonal)
- Complimentary amenities like in-room Wi-Fi, turn-down service and snacks and beverages in the James Club
"Contemporary art and lots of clean edges" -- The New York Times
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Slick and cool, The James New York oozes all things urban -- loft-like rooms, big-city nightlife and designer everything. To top it off, the urban retreat is AAA 4-Diamond-rated and has an enviable downtown address surrounded by the cafes and boutiques of SoHo. It is just one block from a metro stop.
One of the few high-rise buildings in this part of town, The James ascends 18 stories above SoHo providing 360 degree city views from its rooftop lounge, Jimmy, which is open year-round. The scene at the hotel changes with the seasons. In summer, it’s all about the private rooftop pool and the “Urban Garden” that features curated pieces from local artists, outdoor dining and a buzzing post-work drinking scene. When the weather turns crisp, guests can retreat to the soothing James Club that offers a collection of New York books, complimentary snacks and a wall of windows overlooking a sculpture garden.
Though dining options in this neighborhood are aplenty, a visit to the onsite David Burke Kitchen (named after the celeb chef) is a must. Tuck into nibbles like maple-bacon dates or smoked pastrami salmon sticks with a specialty cocktail at the restaurant’s bar and then sink into the subterranean dining room for inventive entrees.
The light-filled guestrooms are earthy but luxurious with glass enclosed slate-tiled bathrooms, plush organic bedding and rainfall showerheads. Adding to the homey vibe are free perks like Wi-Fi, triple distilled water (refreshed twice daily) and nightly turndown service.
- “The atmosphere at SoHo's James hotel is that of a stylishly pared-down bachelor pad” – Travel + Leisure
- “Service is familiar, not formal” – Conde Nast Traveler
- "The architecture is modern, the art cutting-edge and everything else organic or free-range" --The New York Times
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 2pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 7 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).Cribs are not available.
Extra bed available on request: $40 per night for children and adults.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $75 per stay on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.