Why We Love It
- Ultra-posh boutique featuring luxurious mattresses by Duxiana and located just one block from Central Park
- AAA 4 Diamond hotel with on-site Michelin-starred French restaurant that serves 24-hour room service
- Private rooftop garden and bar for guests and select club members
- Free Bobbin Bike rentals to explore the city and pet friendly (fee required)
"One of Manhattan’s fine hotels" -- New York Times
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Surrey, a AAA 4 Diamond rated hotel, has served as a celebrity hideaway for nearly a century (JFK and Bette Davis are among many notable past guests). It’s in an ideal spot for those who came to the Big Apple to shop – labels like Christian Louboutin, Carolina Herrera and Missoni are literally around the corner.
Just two blocks away are The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Guggenheim, the Whitney and the Neue Galerie. However, not much else in the area and with only one train line nearby, exploration might be difficult.
Guest rooms, which the hotel calls "salons," have a sophisticated uptown décor with fine linens, a pricey Duxiana bed, custom furniture and an all-marble bathroom. The size of the rooms are typical by New York City standards, families may want to consider a suite. The suites all have a separate bedroom and living room, and some include a kitchen and dining area. Select rooms come with a fireplace, terrace or soaking tub.
- "The Surrey has all the makings of one of Manhattan’s fine hotels and gets a boost because of its attractive location" -- New York Times
- "The centerpiece is undoubtedly the incredibly comfortable DUX by Duxiana bed... coupled with the hotel’s quiet location, it practically guarantees your best sleep ever" -- Time Out
- "The Surrey provides travelers with an ultra relaxing place to rest" -- Gayot
- "Spacious, well-appointed, and wow" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using
existing bedding on request. Children 12 and older will be considered as adults.Cribs are not available. Extra bed available on request: $40 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be
added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $100 (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Effective August 29, 2017, all new guest bookings are subject to a Hotel Facilities Fee of $35 (plus tax = $38.11). This fee will be added to your bill and includes:
*Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over
**Based on availability
***Fee is exclusive of service gratuities
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.