Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel
Why We Love It
- Clifftop views over Bournemouth Beach, on UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jurassic Coast
- This 4-star property is home to the 2-AA-Rosette Highcliff Grill restaurant
- Bournemouth town centre is a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- Has an indoor & a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a sauna & a steam room
"Elegant and charming" -- The AA Hotel Guide
Map & Directions
Bournemouth train station is a 7-minute drive from the hotel.
Rooms & Rates
The iconic 4-star Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel overlooks Bournemouth Beach, described as a “glorious 7-mile strip of soft sand” by Lonely Planet. As indicated by its name, the setting of this clifftop hotel offers dramatic views over the Jurassic Coast -- a UNESCO World Heritage-listed coastline.
Originally built as a terrace of four large mansions, the property soon became popular with the aristocracy, thus assuring its continued success as a hotel. Bournemouth International Centre is an 8-minute walk away, and Bournemouth town centre is just over a mile away (about a 20-minute walk).
Within the property you will find the 2-AA-Rosette Highcliff Grill restaurant where, according to The AA Restaurant Guide 2015, the “up-to-date ingredients and techniques, backed by the provender of local suppliers, distinguish the extensive menus”. The restaurant serves seasonal British dishes and seafood using local ingredients for breakfast, lunch and dinner.The Highcliff Lounge and Bar, which boasts sea views, serves lighter meals and drinks, and its impressive afternoon tea -- served with Pimm's or prosecco if desired -- even has a gluten-free option.
The hotel has a gym, an indoor swimming pool, an outdoor swimming pool (open during summer months only), a sauna and a steam room, with complimentary fitness classes for guests. There is also a spa offering heath and beauty treatments by appointment for an extra charge.
This seafront property is described by The AA as a "majestic" and "very elegant and charming hotel" that is “impeccably maintained throughout". There are 160 bedrooms, many of which have sea views. Each one also has air conditioning, tea and coffee-making facilities and a 32-inch television. Wi-Fi is free and room service is available 24 hours a day.
- “A very elegant and charming hotel… impeccably maintained throughout” -- The AA Hotel Guide
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.
Know Before You Go
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 15.95 for adults and GBP 7.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: GBP 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 12 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 20.0 per night
Renovations and Closures
The property is undergoing renovations. The following areas are affected:
- Parking area